• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.6c upgrade to what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AkuraII

I currently have a 2.6c running at 3.4ghz now at 19*c ideal and 22-24*c load. Vcores at 1.55. And i have the HyperX 3500 with the ch-5 chips. Now my question is what proccesor do you think i should get for a better oc. I feel like the water is being wasted on a 2.6c. Do you think i should grab or 2.8c or even a 2.4c? Well let me know what you guys think thanks.

A 2.4C would be nice, but not with that RAM. With what you got I'd go with a 3.0c or even a 3.4c like me!

By the way, what are your ambient temps? 19c water? that's crazy cold.

Mine runs 28c idle, 35c full load. That's an overclocked 3.4c with ambients of 23-24c.

well now you got me thinking 3.0c lol. I can get an easy 3.9ghz out of that...or vmod the dimm and get more (insert evil laugh here) that would be nice. What amount of voltage would be needed to take the ch5 to 270fsb?

AkuraII said:
What amount of voltage would be needed to take the ch5 to 270fsb?

maybe 10 or 11 volts. CH-5 wont do 270 to my knowledge. You could just change the dividers to 5:4 or 3:2. My CH-5 will do 230 1:1 @3.2V. Since it's only rated to go to 217, that's great for me. You'll kill those sticks if you try to crank them too high with too many volts. They're not BH-5.
Good luck. Tons of people are loving those 3.0c's. Ask some of them (like Maxvla) what they think.

Back