• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Monitors switchable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

some1butu

Registered
Hey guys,

it's been a while since ive been on these forums but since I got so much help the last time I thought I'd try it again!

I have a 22' Monitor and a 32' Tv (the TV is connected to an AV receiver which is then connected to my PC!)

Now I want to be able to switch between the monitor (for when im surfing the internet and stuff) and the TV (for movies and games)

My Graka is a Radeon 5850 and I'm using Windows 7.

Is this possible via Software or do I have to take out 1 HDMI kabel and then plug in the other manually when I want to switch between the two?

Help is much appreciated! :D

Does you computer detect the second monitor? Then you can just extend the desktop. If you want to play games on the secondary monitor you can run the game in borderless windowed mode then hit win+shift+left or right.

Ofcourse...I've never even considered a switch...that's a great idea! Thanks :D

One quick question: Would I need a switch with 1 Input and 2 Outputs? Since the signal always comes from the PC and goes to either monitor or TV.

Last edited:
I guess I'm a little bit confused by your previous post... are you using the tv as a monitor?

Oh sorry then :D I'm using both the TV and a seperate monitor for my PC.

But I don't use these 2 screens at the same time. I want to be able to use my monitor for when I do regular computer stuff and switch to the TV screen if I wanna watch a movie or stuff like that. Hope this makes it more clear.

So why not connect both monitors to video card then simply use ATI Catalyst Control Center to switch between them?

Just use a shortcut on your desktop and you switch between them with just a mouse click.

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLI.exe

Oh sorry then :D I'm using both the TV and a seperate monitor for my PC.

But I don't use these 2 screens at the same time. I want to be able to use my monitor for when I do regular computer stuff and switch to the TV screen if I wanna watch a movie or stuff like that. Hope this makes it more clear.

That is excately what I am doing. Both tv as secondary monitor and my pc monitor as the prmary, plugged into my video card. If i want to watch a movie on the tv just switch video imput on the tv to pc, drag the video software over to the secondary TV monitor and watch it in 1080p.

Back