• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 pumps required for my loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yousif666

Registered
Hello

I have Alphacool VPP655 and i am water cooling 2 GTX 980 + CPU, I have 2 480 Rads

This is the loop i will be doing:

Res - Pump - Bottom Rad - 2 Gpus in parallel - CPU - Top Rad - Res

So will 1 pump be able to handle with loop without problems? or should i buy another one?

Will use rigid tubing.

Thanks.

1 pump will be fine. D5 vario w/top or something similar.

Yes its with top but i forgot to mention it.

"Alphacool VPP655 - G1/4 IG complete with D5 HF Top"

Just to know, some people run 2 pumps in series the second pump for backup, how can i do this if i wanted to install another pump for backup? just to have good info about it so maybe implement it in the future.

You can put the additional pump anywhere in the loop, just make sure it's the same pump and the speed setting is the same if your is a vario.

Yes its with top but i forgot to mention it.

"Alphacool VPP655 - G1/4 IG complete with D5 HF Top"

Just to know, some people run 2 pumps in series the second pump for backup, how can i do this if i wanted to install another pump for backup? just to have good info about it so maybe implement it in the future.

You can purchase a dual top that will install the two D5s in series automatically. You'll just need to make sure both are running at the same speed.

One D5 vario will do fine, I running one D5 vario on my loop at 1.0-1.1 gpm. See sig :)

Attachments

• 1.0 GPM.jpg
    1.0 GPM.jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 96
all my concern is that the pump might die and kill the parts, this is why i was thinking of second pump.

Stuff will shutdown before it kills it... I wouldn't add another for the sole reason of redundancy.

Stuff will shutdown before it kills it... I wouldn't add another for the sole reason of redundancy.

If its like that then I have nothing to worry about, since its my first time to water cool so I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks a lot.

Back