• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Questions: 1) Pre-Mix vs Distilled? 2) Laing D5 with 720mm of radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My system is a mixture of components (xspc radiator and cpu block, thermaltake radiator and res, zotac gpu block, d5 pump, various brand fittings, etc). I decided on running Thermaltake's C1000 coolant as it came with the Thermaltake kit I got. Since I already had it, and Thermaltake recommends it for warranty, I decided to give it a try.

what do you guys think of EK-CryoFuel ??? They do indeed have colour, they even got a clear one's. !!

what do you guys think of EK-CryoFuel ??? They do indeed have colour, they even got a clear one's. !!

Far more reasonably priced than some others. $10/L plus the low cost of distilled I could get behind instead of mixing my own. $30/L for Thermaltake's C1000 just seems silly to me.

Plus if you have any problems with an EK block's plating, they shouldn't be able to blame your fluid.

$30/L for Thermaltake's C1000 just seems silly to me.

While I agree with this, and I'd never buy it myself, I had some here that came with a RS360 kit so I gave it a go. I'm still undecided if I like it. Cooling seems to be doing great, but I fear what my blocks will look like over time. I did a little test and left some acrylic tubing and a couple fittings sitting in the fluid for two weeks and left the same tubing and fittings sitting on a piece of cardboard after dipping them in the fluid. The stuff that stayed in the fluid looks like new, but the stuff that had a chance to dry out is coated in gunk. Once the water evaporates from the coolant, the stuff that's left is pretty nasty looking. The key is to not lot it dry out, and with the system full to the top and all the air bubbles (hopefully) worked out, I'm hoping it doesn't clog anything. I may tear it down after a few months to see what everything looks like, and take the opportunity to switch to something that won't clog if it breaks down.

Back