• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2000 or 2100+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Footba_SWAT5420

im going to get a new Thoroughbred B. my motherboard only goes up to 2100+ so should i get a 2000 or 2100+? BTW i have an Nforce a7n266-C.

you definatly DO Not want the XP 2000 Tb.

I have had about 6 CPU's in the last month to test and the Xp 2000 Thoroughbred was the worst XP CPU I came across ever.
I have never seen a XPU run as hot as that one did.

it ran 66C, on both an NF2 and Kt-333 board, that were both completly different setups, and was cooled with a volcano 9 going at full speed.

I simply could not believe how ineffective a Volcano 9 was at cooling that CPU.

the best CPU I seen recently, is the XP 2100, and by far the XP 2500 cause it ran at 84F with a volcano 9 at half speed, and even with 1.85 volts going through it, I could not budge it past 100F.

that CPU just runs cool as Ice.
the XP 2100 Overclocks like mad, and runs fairly cool.

LOL thanks!

BTW i love my avatar. was jsut watching that Osamabinladen video and tohguht "hey bush and powell playing drums and singing!" (PS Powell is a baddass)

If your mobo shows support only up to XP2100 it means that it will only support Palominos - therefore it is possible that it will not run the Tbred.

What the site states is that TBreds are is officially supported (up to XP2600) on boards with version 1.03 and with BIOS 1003. What is your board revision number?

I assume you mean the BIOS is 1001 in which case you need to download the latest bios from the Asus support site and flash it. Have you checked on the board to see what revision the board is?

2100 no question, i have both the 2100 runs at 12x194 and the2000 struggled to get 13x150 and was hot

Back