• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2021 - What did you do today in the world of Crypto?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
Trying to liven this section up a bit. Please post up what you did pertaining to Cryptocurrency today. Anything goes that is legal and ethical. So if it relates to buying/selling crypto, buying/selling something and using crypto, mining, investing in mining, investing in Crypto itself, etc...

Today I cashed out .444 of an ETH to help fund a new GPU/PSU. So now I am going to replace my RM850x with a less expensive PSU and repurpose it for a quick and dirty garage mining set up. And then I am going to keep an eye out for a 3060/5700XT.

No selling, just watching as it rises.

Continuing to mine Eth on the 3080 at around 86MH/s and the 5900x at 14MH/s

I haven't done a ton of tweaking to min-max

What miner do you use for CPU mining?

I have one GPU mining purely as the system it is in doesn't have enough cooling for my usual CPU (non-mining) uses. It's a 1070, dropped the power limit but no tweaking other than that. Estimating an income of just over US$1/day. I think that makes it hardly profitable once electricity is considered, but I do need the heating right now and I don't have non-electric sources.

I've forgotten everything from the 1st mining boom, so for now it is on nicehash as something quick and easy to setup, even if not necessarily the best return. I probably should go back to ethereum, once I find my old wallet details again, and see what's hot for mining software these days. Last time I did it it was Claymore, don't even know if they're around any more.

Claymore is dead. You could add a few commands to stretch it's life out a bit. But it's dead dead now.

Trex for my Nvidia rig and Teamred or Phoenix miner for my AMD rig.

Checking out xmrig right now, thanks.

I'm using nanominer (3.1.4-cuda11) for my 3080, seems to be working well.

Still mining Swagbucks using the motherboard out of a Nexus 7 with a broken touchscreen. Only makes $10/month or so which is not bad considering it only uses about 3.2W.

Right now I have ~550 mh/s from 10x 5700/5700xt's and a 1060 mining on phoenixminer 24/7. Daily profit this week (after power expenses) has been between 40-60$ USD/day from a combo of higher than average block rewards from the influx of trading, and the big value increase.

Really right now i'm watching the price rise and hoping it flattens out or stays relatively stable. Part of me is concerned about the price spiking too fast as people get excited and lots of people FOMO into the market, but regardless it is nice seeing my daily earnings go up.

Okay so now I'm interested in coming to the dark side. Every time I download a miner a get a virus warning. I've been told this is normal, but I would like to be sure. Planning to download from https://phoenixminer.org/. Also what is the best way to do a wallet? Ethereum website or program on my PC?

Okay so now I'm interested in coming to the dark side. Every time I download a miner a get a virus warning. I've been told this is normal, but I would like to be sure. Planning to download from https://phoenixminer.org/. Also what is the best way to do a wallet? Ethereum website or program on my PC?

that site aint verified, use bitcointalk thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.0
been using for a while, Im positive its aok

btw recommend phoenix to everyone, also teamredminer for amd

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Trying to liven this section up a bit. Please post up what you did pertaining to Cryptocurrency today. Anything goes that is legal and ethical. So if it relates to buying/selling crypto, buying/selling something and using crypto, mining, investing in mining, investing in Crypto itself, etc...

Today I cashed out .444 of an ETH to help fund a new GPU/PSU. So now I am going to replace my RM850x with a less expensive PSU and repurpose it for a quick and dirty garage mining set up. And then I am going to keep an eye out for a 3060/5700XT.

Thanks stompah ! good initiative :)

Today I updated hive to newest version via ssh, recommend ssh rather than web gui as that sometime hangs the OS

for those who dont know hive and would like a purely mining os, i strongly recommend hive and minerstat, both are very good, hives more efficient with newer gpus, but minerstat is far more stable
for nvidia windows is still king lol :D

ZL1 :thup:

Does HiveOS and Minerstat take their own cut? I am hesitant to go that route since I am not looking to pay dev fees twice.

Today I ordered up this single adapter to 4 riser set up. I had to choose between a combo of what can make it here before month end, is semi reliable and not overly priced. Should be here by the 23rd

I am debating the fate of my MSI Armor RX 570 8GB card. I have never mined with it (might have tested for an hour or two but never made any money from it.) So I am thinking what is better - riding the hardware high price wave and get $175-200ish in my pocket within a week or so OR have it mining making a few dollars a week. It is 8Gb so it will be mining for a while, it's the rate of return that is up in the air.

In about a week I will be full time searching for a 3060Ti to replace my 3080. Then the 3080, the 5700XT and possibly the 570 will be heating the garage.

ZL1 :thup:

Does HiveOS and Minerstat take their own cut? I am hesitant to go that route since I am not looking to pay dev fees twice.

Today I ordered up this single adapter to 4 riser set up. I had to choose between a combo of what can make it here before month end, is semi reliable and not overly priced. Should be here by the 23rd

I am debating the fate of my MSI Armor RX 570 8GB card. I have never mined with it (might have tested for an hour or two but never made any money from it.) So I am thinking what is better - riding the hardware high price wave and get $175-200ish in my pocket within a week or so OR have it mining making a few dollars a week. It is 8Gb so it will be mining for a while, it's the rate of return that is up in the air.

In about a week I will be full time searching for a 3060Ti to replace my 3080. Then the 3080, the 5700XT and possibly the 570 will be heating the garage.

they do, but if you have more than 1 rig, so thats exactly how I have em, one rig hive, one minerstat ;)

if you can sell the 5xx do so, they are not that efficient and getting seriously old, buy the 3xxx series, it will do better hash/watt and have more value later on too
good amd picks are 5700 or 5700xt & 5600xt (one of best hash/watt ratio of all cards)

Yeah, looks like I will be selling the 570. I just set it up now as a test and I'm getting 8-11MH/s from both TeamRed and Phoenix. No idea why its that low. Might be throttling, its hot.

Doesn't matter even at 20MH/s it would take too long to pay me the $200 I can get for it.

Yeah, looks like I will be selling the 570. I just set it up now as a test and I'm getting 8-11MH/s from both TeamRed and Phoenix. No idea why its that low. Might be throttling, its hot.

Doesn't matter even at 20MH/s it would take too long to pay me the $200 I can get for it.

I can help you get it to 30 if you really wanted to keep it, but you should sell the old while prices are stupid

I don't think its worth my time. I updated the driver which was old, then I clocked the memory speed up and still sitting at 9MH/s. It burns 100w. My 5700XT burns 115w and returns 50+MH/s.

I don't think its worth my time. I updated the driver which was old, then I clocked the memory speed up and still sitting at 9MH/s. It burns 100w. My 5700XT burns 115w and returns 50+MH/s.

if in windows you need blockchain drivers beta/enable compute
set core 1150-1160 and ram 2150-2160
get amdtweak and set ref to 20
= 30+ mh, but ya 100+ watts :)) i simply have 4x480s which long lost their fans and I cant really sell them, so what else am I gonna do ? :D

Whenever I try to run phoenix I'm get an error
Pool login failed: Invalid user provided
trying to use ethermine.org as my pool. It works with the default wallet but when I modify the start_miner.bat file with my wallet address (wallet.argent.xyz) I get the error. I can punch that address into ethermine.org and it will bring up a page saying "no active worker found", but start mining just takes me back to the https://ethermine.org/start, and it doesn't seem to have any instructions to create an account.

Sorry if my questions are super basic / could be answered by looking elsewhere, I did search google a couple times and came up dry, plus I trust members here a lot more than random people on the internet.

Last edited:
Code:
REM
REM Example bat file for starting PhoenixMiner.exe to mine ETH
REM

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

REM IMPORTANT: Replace the ETH address with your own ETH wallet address in the -wal option (Rig001 is the name of the rig)
PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal [COLOR="#FF0000"]wallet.rigname[/COLOR]
pause

My .bat for Phoenix.

https://ethermine.org/miners/insertwallethere/dashboard

Last edited:
Finally. Took me half a day off and on to get that compute driver working correctly. I would DDU and then reboot into windows only to have windows reinstall it's driver before the compute driver completed. Such a hassle. I'm at 29.1MH/s now. Thank you!

Back