• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2021 - What did you do today in the world of Crypto?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do the same Stompah. These 6 cards total 1090W stock. They are split between the 2 850W PSUs. After under volting the cards and adding in the overclocked 3900X, 6 high speed fans, and a 2.5" laptop HDD and I'm pulling 1080W from the wall.

You could swap out one ATX PSU for a 750w server PSU and still have plenty of headroom. Then build another rig on that PSU. The need to mine never ends lol

I wish I bought a few more of those server PSUs before this recent mining boom.

Anyone else notice with the increase in ETH price that difficulty has gone up again. Ethermine shows me down 15ish percent.

I found 0.1BTC on an old wallet I didn't even know I had. Or maybe they sent me an email that will close it if I won't log because it was inactive for a couple of years. Either way, I already wasted some of that money and ordered RX6700XT which was quite cheap considering local prices (which are going up and probably won't stop anytime soon), and I think to use it for gaming and move RX6800XT to the mining rig. I have no idea how with my salary, I can keep adding gfx cards for mining. After I reorganize everything, it should be:
- 2x RX6800XT, each ~62MH/s / ~130-150W (no idea why but it's changing pretty often, sometimes is 120W too)
- 1x RTX3070, ~62MH/s / ~115W
- 1x RTX3060, ~48MH/s / ~115W
- 1x RX6600XT, ~32MH/s / ~55W
- 1x RTX3060Ti LHR, ~49MH/s / 135W, this one is weird as I can't drop wattage anymore. It's mining Octopus because it's LHR and my brother is using it for gaming 4-5h/day.
- 1x RX6700XT, will mine when I'm at work or sleep, no idea what MH/s will make after tweaking

My mining operation has grown to the point where I am making $70 to $100 per day depending on the market. I'm not holding the coin long term and simply using it as a means to generate money in order to finance the build up my mining farm.

That's freaking awesome. Good for you! I wish I could get that rolling, but my house would be a furnace! lol

That's freaking awesome. Good for you! I wish I could get that rolling, but my house would be a furnace! lol

Yeah it gets kind of warm during the summer but it's nothing the AC, fans and a screened window cannot handle.

Here are some photos.

RRffD9K.jpg

The machine on the left is a Asus P5Q-e with a Core 2 Extreme QX9650 and 8GB of DDR2 running five Asus RX 5700 XT Strix cards as well as a Saphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB. The machine on the right is a MSI Z 490 A Pro running a Core i3-10100 and four RTX 3070 and two RTX 3060 Ti cards.

grBhUKP.jpg

This machine is my very old Asus P5N-D running a Core 2 Quad Q9650 and one GTX 1660, two GTX 1660 Ti and two GTX 1660 Super cards. Incidentally the Core i3-10100 heatsink/fan works on the LGA775 socket.

0re7yhw.jpg

VPge7BP.jpg
Another old machine (facebook market place is full of $100 computers that you can haggle down to next to nothing and then throw graphics cards into :))

This machine is another Saphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB and a Saphire RX 6700 XT Nitro+

I have a few others not shown including a Zotac GTX 1660 Super, Power Color RX 6800 XT Red Devil (in my Intel 10900K gaming system but it mines too), Gigabyte RX 6900 XT Xtreme Waterforce (not powered on yet waiting on money for a Ryzen 5950X processor to complete the build.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Ah! The joys of having a Michigan Basement.

I'm in Texas right now but I work remote now and I am very tempted to go to a place like Michigan.

Ha, I'm more worried about if my house can handle the extra electrical load.

That has been my limiting factor.

I showed the wife a Reddit picture of someone with 17GH/s in their house. She complained that there would be crap everywhere. I had to explain to her at that level of mining it pays for its own house AND a separate house for you to live in lol

Ha, I'm more worried about if my house can handle the extra electrical load.

That has been my limiting factor.

I showed the wife a Reddit picture of someone with 17GH/s in their house. She complained that there would be crap everywhere. I had to explain to her at that level of mining it pays for its own house AND a separate house for you to live in lol
Exactly, it's much better then a renter.

Oooooofff this guy is just smart enough to get himself killed. Don't be like this guy.

Don't want to click the link: guy uses a sub panel wired to his stoves 240v outlet and proceeds to wire it completely wrong and refutes anyone who has questioned his workmanship.

Yesterday I received a Ryzen 9 3900x, ASUS Gaming TUF X570 Plus Wifi, and 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz C16.

Today, I spend the afternoon swapping out motherboards and setting up the CPU to mine Monero. I knew the stock cooler wouldn't be up to the task so I installed a be quiet! Dark Rock 4. With all 12 cores overclocked to 4.2GH it's not up to the task either. Lol Soooo, I mounted a 3000RPM Delta to that bish. That did the trick. I have it running at about 70% and the temps are peaking @ 72°.

View attachment 214169

View attachment 214170

very nice, I have always liked the look of the Asus Tuff and MSI Tomahawk boards. If you buy a adapter you can connect a second power supply so you can add in a pcie to 43 usb in order to get four video cards on one slot. Max out the PCIe lane utilization of your machine.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Yesterday I picked up an MSI RX 580 Armor 8GB. It was a little over priced but well below the current market value. I should get most of the ROI before February so I'm not too concerned.

This one requires Compute Mode in Windows or RX Boost 1 in Linux. It's running a little hot so I'll probably pull it out of the rig and give it a re-paste tonight since it looks like its never been changed.

View attachment 214397

View attachment 214398

did you do the memory timing bios mod?

very nice, I have always liked the look of the Asus Tuff and MSI Tomahawk boards. If you buy a adapter you can connect a second power supply so you can add in a pcie to 43 usb in order to get four video cards on one slot. Max out the PCIe lane utilization of your machine.

did you do the memory timing bios mod?

I haven't had the chance to use one of those PCIe to 4x USB adapters yet. I do have that board fully populated now with all 6 PCIe slots being used so this might be the last step if I continue to expand on this board. I currently do have the adapter and 2x power supplies. One is running at 66% load while the other is at 60% so there is still a little room on the PSU for another smaller card or two, though I would need to get very creative with the PCIe cables.

I didn't do the BIOS mod on the RX 580 as I'm getting 31-32 Mh/s already. The guy I bought it from is a miner also, so I'm guessing it was already done.

I was able to find a couple of 1660 Supers for real cheap but haven't heard back from the sellers yet. Hopefully they aren't scams. A pair of these would round out my first rig and get both PSU's to the ideal 80% load. LOL

:salute:

I haven't had the chance to use one of those PCIe to 4x USB adapters yet. I do have that board fully populated now with all 6 PCIe slots being used so this might be the last step if I continue to expand on this board. I currently do have the adapter and 2x power supplies. One is running at 66% load while the other is at 60% so there is still a little room on the PSU for another smaller card or two, though I would need to get very creative with the PCIe cables.

I didn't do the BIOS mod on the RX 580 as I'm getting 31-32 Mh/s already. The guy I bought it from is a miner also, so I'm guessing it was already done.

I was able to find a couple of 1660 Supers for real cheap but haven't heard back from the sellers yet. Hopefully they aren't scams. A pair of these would round out my first rig and get both PSU's to the ideal 80% load. LOL

:salute:

If it is making that hash rate it was done already. the 4 adapter is very easy to add in. From my experience though if you want more then five cards avoid a Intel B series board. A Z series can do 8 easy, maybe more. My other half has told me not to buy anymore mining gear while we are in the rental. So I'm stuck with 1.02GH. I might be able to box some of the lesser performing cards and work in better hash to watts used cards in order to get a boost in a few months. Then I can either save those other cards for the new house or sell them to help get the new house sooner. I'm leaning towards the later but it's tempting to hold onto them.

WOOT!!! Slowly moved some hashrate over to solo mining RVN. Within 24 hours found a block!!!

FoundBlock.jpg

If it is making that hash rate it was done already. the 4 adapter is very easy to add in. From my experience though if you want more then five cards avoid a Intel B series board. A Z series can do 8 easy, maybe more. My other half has told me not to buy anymore mining gear while we are in the rental. So I'm stuck with 1.02GH. I might be able to box some of the lesser performing cards and work in better hash to watts used cards in order to get a boost in a few months. Then I can either save those other cards for the new house or sell them to help get the new house sooner. I'm leaning towards the later but it's tempting to hold onto them.

I had big problems with EVGA X299 Dark. I had 5 cards installed and from time to time it was losing 1-3 cards. Like some random errors, Windows/driver was locking some single cards or after restart some were not visible. Now I have 4 cards on that mobo and everything seems fine. The same, on Strix B550-XE, I couldn't run more than 2 cards or one was disabled by the OS or not visible at all.

I don't know what is your experience with mining on higher AMD cards but my RX6800XT don't work with PCIe x1 risers and I have to install them directly on the motherboard or use x16 risers. RX6600XT work without issues.

Dangit, posted this on the wrong thread!:oops: My bad! Sorry about it....

Last edited:
Does the hashrate of your keyboard change depending on the RGB color scheme you use?

Back