• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2022 - What did you do today in the world of Crypto

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No idea why that issue came up. Previously, filled all the slots on that board with no problem. This one time it pitched a fit. Running Linux Mint.

Used EVGA's Step up program to ditch the 3080Ti LHR I got from them to get a 3090. My biggest issue with the card was if I played a game while it was mining it would mine at less than 10MH/s and when the game was closed the card would then hit a ceiling of around 40MH/s. Can't have that.

And I also stepped up a 3060 v2 to a 3070Ti LHR. Not sure if I will keep it or sell it unopened. I do have the 7 year warranty on it now. That may sway my decision.

Threw 3070Ti in a rig. Also, used a 2070 Super in my main rig when I was doing the Step Up. Forgot that I never slotted that back into a rig. So, I got that one going again also.

I teeter totter back and forth on selling my non current gen GPUs. They just keep plugging away. I do have them listed here but haven't listed them elsewhere. I've ROI'd on them even when I factor in electricity costs.

*in my Marvin the Robot voice*

I spent time switching a rig from TRex to lolminer for the much hyped better LHR lock. I gained .004% hashrate. Deep Pain

/voice

What a waste of time for such little gain. LOL @ lolminer.

*in my Marvin the Robot voice*

If anyone is even listening.

I used lol for a short stint mining ETC with a 4gb card. It seemed like a stripped down version of Pheonixminer to me.

I have left it overnight and it's roughly the same. I am using it in Linux. I wonder if it's not as effective when running on Linux?

I got about the same results with either but I ran it on hiveos (Linux) for about 2 months.

I'm using Mint. Unfortunately, this board and Windows 10 don't play nicely with more than 4 GPUs. If it did I would switch to Windows for a quick test.

I do find it odd that so many people will run their whole farm on HiveOS for it's control and I am over here using Mint so I can *Ron Popeil voice* "set it and forget it."

Some day Easy Anti-Cheat (Fortnite uses it) will be Linux compatible and then I can migrate most if not all of my PCs to Linux. But according to internet moms if us kids are using Linux we are hackers and probably smoking the refer.

EthPill/memtweak stopped working on one of my 1080s. No matter what I did I was getting 24ish MH/s. I had the memory overclocked and core underclocked. Apparently, that created the issue.

I am at stock speeds for now with PL @ 85 (130w) and pulling down 32+ MH/s.

Welp, Taxes are done. Hopefully my guy knows what he's doing. I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

Luckily, I spent a bunch of money in November & December. But 2022 is gonna hurt.

Yep. I'm glad as I had one card that was not going to ROI but now looks like it'll make it. I'm still holding of on buying more cards though. We'll see how long that lasts. I truly am running out of PSU room, even with making my own PCIe cables.

I will be able to ROI on the step up cost from 3080Ti to 3090, yay. I didn't upgrade needing the ROI, happy to have it.

If I had the extra power capacity I would snag some under valued cards. ROI or get close and then sell them off for my profit or mine on the next coin til unprofitable.

Yep. I'm glad as I had one card that was not going to ROI but now looks like it'll make it. I'm still holding of on buying more cards though. We'll see how long that lasts. I truly am running out of PSU room, even with making my own PCIe cables.
Well, I didn't quite make it a full month before picking up my first LHR card. I bought an ASUS RTX 3060ti DUAL MINI from MicroCenter last week. They had a few in stock and at or near MSRP. Within a couple of days of buying it NiceHash, followed by NBMiner and now T-Rex Miner has released the FULL LHR Unlocker/bypass. It's currently sitting at 63.8 MH/s in HiveOS running the T-Rex Beta miner. There have been reports of stability issues so I'll report back if I notice any.

I also have an EVGA 1600 W G+ power supply on the way so I can power my main rig from a single PSU.

I plan on selling my RX 580 & 570 8 GB GPUs so if anyone is interested keep a close eye on the classifieds.

Well, my rigs are down due to a move. And the crypto market is falling...

Fire sale at stompah's. 3090 for $20, cash only lol

Unlike crypto values, this is a joke.

yea it is, wheres the bottom? BTC ~$23k at time of posting
i was thinking of buying something but i think i might wait.

might be more profitable to get Venezuelan Bolivares right now

right after posting this i found this in the top spot for my you tube feed, seems fitting

Ok this might be a little mean, but I laughed anyway.

For those not in the know, #EFT is Energy Finance Twitter.

Attachments

• IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 10
With the ETH 2.0 merge expected next month, I decided to switch my rigs over to ETC for now (all except my 2060 and 2070 which have been mining CFX for about 2 months). My plan is to collect ETC, CFX, RVN, and maybe a few others like ERGO, SERO, etcetera. I might even take a few gambles and point some rigs at some really small coins like UBIQ or LOG.

Back