• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

250$MAX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

comp-

Registered
helo i just received mostly of my pieces for a new build i am doing but i am missing the GPU. this computer is made to game mostly and surf on net obv.

CPU : i5 3750k
MOBO: Gigabyte z77x-UD3H
RAM : 8G Jigsaw (2x4Gb)DDR3 1600mhz
CASE: CM690II advanced
PSU : coolmaster GX 650W (80+bronze)

i'm waiting to order my GPU to get a small SSD to put OS and GAME on it.

would be great if you guys could suggest me some GPU's thanks!

dog he wont push enough power u need 250watt for that card alone, or somethin like that

buy a 570

for $250

Last edited by a moderator:
depend i got a viewsonic 1280x1024 or a lg 1920x1080... i can switch ... i really just want a good GPU my old setup as a GTS250 ... LOL

edit : is diamond a good brand ?

Last edited:
dog he wont push enough power u need 250watt for that card alone, or somethin like that

buy a 570

for $250
Everything you posted is false. A 570 performs WORSE than a 7870... as a 7870 is on par with a 580. Also, the 570 uses more power than the 7870 (7870 TDP = 175W, GTX570 = ~210W). Check our front page for my 4 reviews on the 7870 for performance, AND power consumption numbers please.

comp- said:
depend i got a viewsonic 1280x1024 or a lg 1920x1080... i can switch ... i really just want a good GPU my old setup as a GTS250 ... LOL

edit : is diamond a good brand ?
Last edited by comp-; Today at 02:26 PM.
Diamond is fine. Most brands are solid. If you go 1080p res, grab the 7870. If you are sticking with that 1024 res monitor, a 7770 would do.

Last edited:
any other suggestion? come on guys i really wanna purchase it today!

buy a 570

for $250

This is horribly misleading advice. Please do some research prior to posting in the future. While I'm not accusing you of actually being that ebay seller, with very off-base advice like that and a link to an ebay sale, it surely looks suspicious. I'm editing that link out of your post. Please link to reputable etailers or retailers from now on to avoid the appearance of linking to sales that benefit individuals.

Perhaps at 2560x1600 where he would run in to a Vram limit in a RARE couple of games. But since he already noted the highest he is going is 1080p...my advice is sound.

Also, its ~500MB more, not double (2GB vs 2.5GB) :thup:. Or are you talking about bandwidth (which is still not double)?

danm... what would you buy for around the same price?
In my signature is a link to known good PSU's. Check that out. :)

But off the top of my head, you cant go wrong with any Corsair. ;)

woah! thanks alot guys this forum is really great, i've been posting for like a week on another forum that i wont name drop.. but i'vent get this amount of GOOD info.
thanks alot!

EDIT: i'll be fine with a 650w for all my specs + the 7870 that i bought?

woah! thanks alot guys this forum is really great, i've been posting for like a week on another forum that i wont name drop.. but i'vent get this amount of GOOD info.
thanks alot!

EDIT: i'll be fine with a 650w for all my specs + the 7870 that i bought?

You'd be fine for your specs + a second 7870 on a 650W. :)

I'd grab a Corsair TX650 or a OCZ ZT 650W.

You'd be fine for your specs + a second 7870 on a 650W. :)

I'd grab a Corsair TX650 or a OCZ ZT 650W.

i was exactly looking for the tx650, packing back the GX and going to return it to my local. Thanks again guys! <3 this forum

Perhaps at 2560x1600 where he would run in to a Vram limit in a RARE couple of games. But since he already noted the highest he is going is 1080p...my advice is sound.

Also, its ~500MB more, not double (2GB vs 2.5GB) :thup:. Or are you talking about bandwidth (which is still not double)?

In my signature is a link to known good PSU's. Check that out. :)

But off the top of my head, you cant go wrong with any Corsair. ;)

Rockstar games would eat that Vram up at that resolution. Max Payne 3 pushes 2-2.5Gigs at 1080P (So it says in the game) when you enable MSAA along with all the other eye candy features. No other game comes close to that number for me.

Back