• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ mobile Barton questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murrayman

Hi guys,

I finally ditched my old Abit NF7 and desktop AMD Athlon 2500+ barton for a Abit NF7-S and a mobile AMD Athlon 2500+ barton. I an currently running it at 200x11.5 and am wondering if I should worry about ever having to increase my vCore. Right now, I'm sustaining temps (no load) around 37C with my Thermaltake Xaster 7+ running at 5200RPM's. I was wondering if this is a good tempuature for a mobile, and if I want to anymore OCing, should I increase the vCore?

murrayman said:
Hi guys,

I finally ditched my old Abit NF7 and desktop AMD Athlon 2500+ barton for a Abit NF7-S and a mobile AMD Athlon 2500+ barton. I an currently running it at 200x11.5 and am wondering if I should worry about ever having to increase my vCore. Right now, I'm sustaining temps (no load) around 37C with my Thermaltake Xaster 7+ running at 5200RPM's. I was wondering if this is a good tempuature for a mobile, and if I want to anymore OCing, should I increase the vCore?

As long as you can push the speed up further, and pass prime, your fine. Increase your Vcore a tad bit once you hit an instability, and I would try to stay under 54C load.

I know this is a stupid question, but since my BIOS couldn't read the default CPU speed (it reads it as Unknown CPU Type and defaults it at 100x5.5), then is it reading the right vCore amount (defaulting currently at 1.575v)?

I've already set it to 200x11.5 with no prob, but when I go anywhere above 200, like 201, it won't start up. If I set it to 200x12.5, it will boot up, but prime95 fails after 5 minuites running at 43C. I'm using no-name memory (so shoot me), but it is PC3200 and it is OCSystem memory, so is this my prob with OCing? I haven't increased the vCore yet because I don't know if 1.575v is high, low, or default.

Currently prime-testing 200x12 1.65 vCore with my fan running max 5200RPM's. About to hit the 2 hour point. Guess that vCore was just the prob. Thanks all:) . Will post results soon...

Cool 2.4ghz with 1.65 volt's is a pretty good overclock IMO.

I stopped Prime95 after 6 hours, and ran great! Did some benchmarking, and here's my 3dmark2003 score. I'll post CPU-Z and 3dmark2001 in just a few minuites.

EDIT: sorry, the power went off and the pic didn't make it. Here it is.

Attachments

• 3dmark2003score.JPG
    3dmark2003score.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
ok, here's my 3dmark2001 score, coming soon the SiSandra benchies.

Attachments

• 3dmark2001score.JPG
    3dmark2001score.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 141
Alright, here's the SiSandra benchmark results.

Attachments

• SiSandra-results.JPG
    SiSandra-results.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 134
You can keep raising vcore and increasing the overclock. If it will run prime95 then your temps are fine. If it gets too hot prime95 will get errors.

When you finalize your overclock, I would run Prime95 for more than 6 hours, its recommended to let it run 16-24 hours or more without errors before you have a stable overclock. While most problems will likely be found in the first hour using P95, I had an error after 8 hours just yesterday, while overclocking my P4C. When you get it to the speed you want to stay, take a full day and run Prime95 to make sure it is 100% stable.

hey, you are using an nf7-s, but not using your nvidia soundstorm...for shame, ditch that sound blaster live.

Oh, hey, I need to change my avatar because I already got rid of my sound blaster live about a week ago (it made a fantastic improvement in sound quality AND 3dmark score!!!)

I'm going to try for the usual 200x12.5 today, probably increase the vCore up to 1.675 from 1.65 and take the whole day to do prime95.

Well, I bought the Powercolor Ultra Radeon 9600XT, so it came default OC'd to 530 GPU and 350 memory. I don't do any OCing with it since this is the case.

Stability is over-rated, 6 hours prime will do you just fine :)
I've been running my system for the past 4 months at my speeds and the longest I've gone without resetting is 2 weeks. My comp is only 5 hours prime stable.......
Fruity prime addicts ;)

Back