• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2520 Grams of Fannage (5.55 lbs.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Heh, got my new PA120.3 and some Coolermaster Aluminum Fans as seen here . Specs on these fans are awesome, 56CFM at 23dba. 38mm thick and each fan weighs a whopping 420 grams :D Clear rubber fan mounts and clear rubber washers should help keep things nice and quiet. This is not going in my current rig, the is going in the 'Beast III' which is progressing slowly but surely.

fullrad.jpg

I love that rad man. 1.4mm h2o @1200rpm?...what were the denkis again? Of the top of my head I think it was 0.98mm h2o @ (same rpm???) wasnt it?
I could be totally off here, but those CMs look pretty powerful.

Aidenswarrior said:
you kinda wasted money on 3 fans. push/pull has been tested and hasnt really made a difference in temps.
he knows that better than anyone....but this thing is about being Beastly. get it? Youre not gonn atell him to use a shroud? where were you in WC 1o1. :cool: just teasing man.

@ nikshub1_ how many D5s is it this time man? going for 4 or 5 ? :)

damn you and your lucky e-bay find of RD-30's... :mad:

:p... i'm fine with my 2 D5's ATM (possibly 3 when i re-do my loop later)

Aidenswarrior said:
you kinda wasted money on 3 fans. push/pull has been tested and hasnt really made a difference in temps.
who cares, it's sweet :D (can't use the word cool, hate puns)

Aidenswarrior said:

But that set-up wouldn't look nearly as rad with only 3 fans on it, if you are going to spend the big money why not just go all the way?

theres an article about push pull in the front page and it shows push/pull helps quite a bit.

where did you get those fans :D very quiet fans... me likes allot.

It seems that aluminum fans are all the rage right now, what makes them so much better than the plastic ones? Aesthetics? Or is there something else that I'm missing...

plastic blades. Alumim housed fans are generally very solid, hence the weight. I didnt get them cause they were aluminum, I got them because of the specs.

nikhsub1 said:
plastic blades. Alumim housed fans are generally very solid, hence the weight. I didnt get them cause they were aluminum, I got them because of the specs.
did you also consider the aluminium evercool ones that are on dangerdens site? 30 dba and 80CFM 120mmX120mmX25mm thou less head pressure for 12 bucks where those cooler master ones are 25 at ZZF. What were you aiming for spec wise? the weight/cfm/dba/head pressure/size?

BLcK said:
did you also consider the aluminium evercool ones that are on dangerdens site? 30 dba and 80CFM 120mmX120mmX25mm thou less head pressure for 12 bucks where those cooler master ones are 25 at ZZF. What were you aiming for spec wise? the weight/cfm/dba/head pressure/size?
Those evercools are a joke, those are NOT correct specs at all. A 25mm thick fan at 80CFM is gonna be close to 40dba. I got these fans for $10.99 and a $10.99 rebate, so buy 6 get one free.

Back