• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2520 Grams of Fannage (5.55 lbs.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nikhsub1 said:
Those evercools are a joke, those are NOT correct specs at all. A 25mm thick fan at 80CFM is gonna be close to 40dba. I got these fans for $10.99 and a $10.99 rebate, so buy 6 get one free.

wouldnt it be false advertising if they were incorrect specs or do you think its some kind of manufacturer boasting? and where did you get those cooler master fans from? it seems like the only store that has them is ZZF. Im getting a BI Pro3 in the mail on this thurs so i want quiet fans with good cfm and how i see it - the evercool specs look like the best. Ive also seen a thermaltake 120X25mm that was rated 21dba and 78cfm but it was a sleeve bearing which kinda deters me from getting it and it makes me wanna question the specs validity too :shrug:

Last edited:
Nickhsub, I would love to know where you got those fans. Everywhere I look they are around $20. Also are the fans living up to their specs?

BLcK said:
wouldnt it be false advertising if they were incorrect specs or do you think its some kind of manufacturer boasting? and where did you get those cooler master fans from? it seems like the only store that has them is ZZF. Im getting a BI Pro3 in the mail on this thurs so i want quiet fans with good cfm and how i see it - the evercool specs look like the best. Ive also seen a thermaltake 120X25mm that was rated 21dba and 78cfm but it was a sleeve bearing which kinda deters me from getting it and it makes me wanna question the specs validity too :shrug:
Yes it is false advertising, they dont care, they are in china :D I have some Mechatronics 25mm thick 120mm fans, 55CFM at 25dba, now those are real specs. 78cfm @ 21dba? Impossible, It goes agains the laws of physics.

Let me add that those 78cfm specs could be realistic, if measured from 20 feet away :D

OK, I just hooked all 6 fans up on the rad to a PSU I had laying around... all I could hear was the PSU :D Seriously, they are QUIET, as in from 2 ft away they cant be heard.

thegreek said:
nik, it looks like that the beast III is going to be based on silence?
Well with 12 fans silence will be difficult, but yes, I'm going for a kinder gentler approach this time round.

nikhsub1 said:
Well with 12 fans silence will be difficult, but yes, I'm going for a kinder gentler approach this time round.

Gotta be nice to the virgin parts, eh ;)

Evercools are rebadged titan aluminiums, for those wondering. And yeah, they're pretty crappy fans.

BLcK said:
did you also consider the aluminium evercool ones that are on dangerdens site? 30 dba and 80CFM 120mmX120mmX25mm thou less head pressure for 12 bucks where those cooler master ones are 25 at ZZF. What were you aiming for spec wise? the weight/cfm/dba/head pressure/size?

I think i am going to get those fans! Thansk for the link!

Back