• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

29K: Pentium back on top

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uclajd

Top two 2001 scores are Pentium EE's, and it's not even close.

EE's are available this week.

Expensive, yes. But you wont need a new mobo.

Warning to AMD fans: Cover keyboard with plastic to prevent water damage (tears).

wait till someone like that gets a athlon fx and gets it to around 3ghz then there intel fans will be crying

btw theres a thread on this in the video secton

p4ee with 9800 xt and a fx with 9800 pro. Wait till someone post a fx with a 9800 xt also

Steven4563 said:
wait till someone like that gets a athlon fx and gets it to around 3ghz then there intel fans will be crying

btw theres a thread on this in the video secton

There is a dude with 3.3 ghz of FX-51 amd64 power ^_^

Bengan said:

There is a dude with 3.3 ghz of FX-51 amd64 power ^_^
w00t! :attn: whos crying now Intel fans?

anyways, id like to see even just an fx at 2.7Ghz with a 9800XT. That would come pretty close to this P4.

Also, i wonder if memory speed has anything to do with this. Becuase the Athlon FX has almost similar bandwidth and has lower latency due to the onchip memory controller and all that HyperTransport stuff.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=240804

modenaf1 said:

w00t! :attn: whos crying now Intel fans?
anyways, id like to see even just an fx at 2.7Ghz with a 9800XT. That would come pretty close to this P4.
[/url]

Where is its benchmark then? 9800XT is simply a 9800pro with faster settings. Alot of people cool their 9800pro with LN2 and dry ice I can guarentee they are running as fast as probably any 9800XT would with the same cooling.

Well damn no wonder why the score is so damn high. Look at that graphic card settings, thats 600 core and 434 ram. Thats helping out his score tremedusly.

yeah the oced vcard helps a ton, and plus who cares, there is always a fates chip aroun the corner. ill be excited when ether company releases a chip that is 4x faster than the current top of the line

Well the a64 had a pretty well OC'd vid card also. I doubt the extra 13MHz on the core and 16MHz on the memory are going to boost it much past an extra 1000 points. It will still be dragging behind then also.

**OPPAINTER** Xtremesystems.org 3DTeam

Description Athlon 3200 @ 278x10= 2760MHz,,Kingston HyperX 3500x2,, 232MHz,,5-2-2Cas2,, 3.08V,,, ATI Radeon 9800 587/418, cooled with Baker block 404A Chiller,,,507 phase change AMD Cooling provided by Bowman, Fugger and ** www.xtwerkz.com ** Athlon 64 provided by *DDTUNG* :)

Date 2003-11-01

User [email protected]

ummm did you see that guys puter

Intel Pentium 4 4469 MHz

thats obviously HIGHLY overclocked... or highly duped everyone

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
To get to the top of Mark01 ratings, you have to have a highly overclocked machine.

obviously,

but thats like comparing apples and oranges

some cpu's o/c better than others...

how about a non-oced cpu, with non oced vga, with everything stock...

thats what i wanna see

Does anyone really give a **** who is on top?

I mean seriously does it matter? Will your first born die if Athlon 64 is on top of heap?

Back