• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 2nd hdd not showing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haroon158

Registered
Ok, so I just built my first PC :D. Installed windows and clicks onto my computer and I see 2 drives. 1 C:Drive (ssd) 2.D:Drive(DVD drive). Where is my 2nd hard drive?! It does show up in BIOS, and it does show up somewhere in device manager on windows.

Click on the Start Button in the lower left corner and type in "disk management", which is where you want to go in Windows.

It may say "Create and Format Hard Drive Partitions". Click on that to take you to Disk Management. At Windows Disk Management, see if your drive shows up. You may only need to format it, which you can do from Disk Management. Good luck. :)

Click on the Start Button in the lower left corner and type in "disk management", which is where you want to go in Windows.

It may say "Create and Format Hard Drive Partitions". Click on that to take you to Disk Management. At Windows Disk Management, see if your drive shows up. You may only need to format it, which you can do from Disk Management. Good luck. :)

Someone else has suggested that but again look - http://i45.tinypic.com/2ytuys8.jpg sorry for the terrible quality haha took it from the laptops webcam :p. The Drive does not show up in the top so it doesn't give me the option to format it.

Did you do as Knufire said? on looking at the pic it wont show at the top until its been allocated IE: new simple volume + format, then it will be given a drive letter and will show up in the top section.

Back