• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E at 4Ghz, cant do it anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joelkyr

ok, i got my 3.2E past 4Ghz just 3 wks ago and it was great but decided to go back 3.84Ghz, yesterday i tried it again and it keeps booting up at 3.9+ and when it restart my monitor is all lines, and so i restarted it again and still the same, so i turned off my PC and waited for a while and it went back to normal as if nothing happened... wtf!! what now?...i dont understand this :bang head

There is a known effect with P4C800/P4P800 when overclocking and performing a warm boot. Video Corruption displays sometimes with a blank screen and no computer confirmation of errors ie. no Beeps.

If Reset is pushed or CTRL+ALT+DEL then the problem occurs.

This effect does not occur when performing a complete hard shutdown and restart. I have seen this occur when high overclocks are effected. It did not however effect the maximal overclock. That being said, I never have taken my overclocks past 3.8GHz on air.

R

Heres a little story for you, my board will boot fine at my oc settings, then ive been playing a game fah still running so the case is warm inside, soon after i decide to reboot for whatever reason, pc comes to post no boot blank screen, i then have to hold down the power button for it to turn off, then wait about 5 mins before trying again. Although on the second boot if i try straight away the pc will boot but @ 2.8ghz and say oc failed, if i then press f1 to change my so called 'failed overclock' settings just go to discared changes, then wait for it to contiune to reboot, and press CTRL+ALT+DEL before windows begins to boot, 9 times out of 10 the pc will boot at overclocked speeds.

This sounds like the problem which you have, i find it happens more late at night as well, (when its alot warmer in my room).

Back