• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.46ghz - 1066mhz FSB - DISCUSS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__Game_Start__

Disabled
i saw this on ebay, i know i cant post links so you can search for it. they said it is in very limited supply - but that sounds insane - discuss this please

just the new chip. i don't think it will be significantly faster than the 3.4 800fsb, but its nice to see progress.

There are several reviews about it on the web, at least running at stock speeds compared to the regular 3.4, it don't look like it's worth the mega price tag. I'd be interested to know how it overclocks, but it's too expensive even for my deep pockets. Looks like a 2.8 clocked at 1066 (266 FSB) would beat a stock 3.46EE 1066 bus.

It's an option for consumers, just not a particularly great one for the money. The 1066FSB chip worth keeping an eye on will be the 3.73Ghz, to be released early next year. It's based on the Prescott core, but with 2M of L2 cache (as opposed to the 2M of L3 on today's EE chips).

Back