• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$300 to be spend on water cooling! help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noktekniq

so i have about 300 dollars to spend on my current new system... i'm new to water cooling an i wish i can get the pro setup for about 300dollars. i hope to see decrease in temps on my cpu and my overall comp without air...

THERMALTAKE Kandalf VA9000BWS Black Aluminum/Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
MSI Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200DIK4BI
OCZ Peroformance 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 433 (PC 3500) Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4331024PFDC-K
ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan/Heatsink <- replace with watercool
Antec NeoPwr 480 watts. <-is this enough for a watercool system?

for more info click here
http://noktekniq.yensco.com/files/5-16-05.JPG <-100% stable!
http://noktekniq.yensco.com/files/cpuz.htm

i'm wishing i can cool the mobo, cpu, and vga... maybe add hd cooler in the future but tht's not something to worry about now.

i kno i need pumps, radiators, fans, tubes, vga cpu and chpset blocks. what will be best for my system. i need some help with pro setup to make money well worth it. also i don't wish to have huge wide tubes that are like 1/2 thick. maybe smaller? does that cool just the same?

if you would like pictures of my current setup please visit this...
http://noktekniq.yensco.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7

hope to get all the help i can. thanks
p.s. best setup for the cheapest price would be fine too! if not best setup for that price limit! :)

edited::

ANY ONE HAVE A THERMALTAKE KANDALF CASE THAT HAS WATERCOOLING ON IT? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME PICS?

Last edited:
I got a nice custom setup at www.dangerden.com . I only got a cpu block though. Just read the stickies and figure out what you need then look around for prices. $300 will get you a good system.

Fighter2a said:
I got a nice custom setup at www.dangerden.com . I only got a cpu block though. Just read the stickies and figure out what you need then look around for prices. $300 will get you a good system.
i saw something like this http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=13 how would this do? i wonder...
also i got my eyes on external like Koolance exos1 or exos2 and the thermaltake bigwater system or thermaltake aquariusII the external one...
also i saw some PolarFLO... are those good? which one would be best?

none of the kits are worth a dang

build your own with our help and youll get performance as well as cheaper.

ill check out your case and see whats best

i bought the bigwater and swapped it all out and lost that $$$ its better then your zalman but still left wanting

outhouse said:
none of the kits are worth a dang

build your own with our help and youll get performance as well as cheaper.

ill check out your case and see whats best

i bought the bigwater and swapped it all out and lost that $$$ its better then your zalman but still left wanting
thanks... i'll be waiting to hear from you.
i heard a lot about kits being expensive and not as good as personalize kits. but i never knew what components put together would be a great setup. that's why i posted here for the help... awaiting your respond.

first decide on a 3/8" or 1/2" tubing decide on waterblock and pump go with a tline for top offs and a dtek or danger den rad then when youve picked out what you want we can give advise on what may benefit you.

read the sticky's theyll have 99% of your questions and answers

outhouse said:
first decide on a 3/8" or 1/2" tubing decide on waterblock and pump go with a tline for top offs and a dtek or danger den rad then when youve picked out what you want we can give advise on what may benefit you.

read the sticky's theyll have 99% of your questions and answers

i was thinking about something like this

Danger Den DD12V-D4 Pump
Black Ice Xtreme Radiator
Danger Den Single 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir
Tygon 3603 Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
FluidXP+
Copper TDX Block for Athlon64 754/939/940
Acetal Top MAZE4-1GPU Peltier Version

Subtotal: $351.18
Shipping: $19.43
TOTAL: $370.61 :bang head

vs this one

PolarFLO TT Series Professional System -Starting at $209.99 2-tone with Universal Mount Black 2-tone 3/8 Inside Diameter TT VGA 2-tone TT Chipset Universal 2-tone TT 350 3/8" Built-in Barb 120mm Radiator (1/2" barbs only) with Fan CoolingWorks CWBR-5 6feet ClearFlex 60 Premium 4 feet Advanced Hose Wrap 15 Hose Clamps, 4 Elbow fittings, 2 Y-splitters

Price $316.95

can i modify this more to make it cheaper and better?

Last edited:
I put together a custom setup using Danger Den and PolarFlo - just make sure that each block will fit your system as some are very tight between CPU - GPU - NB blocks and my NB chipset is below the end of the AGP card.

if your going to go the DD route, might I suggest...

CPU Water Block: Danger Den TDX
Video Card Water Block: *NEW* Acetal MAZE4 GPU for Nvidia 6800 series
Fitting Size: 1/2 OD Fitting for 1/2 ID Tubing
Radiator: Black Ice XtremeII - Black
Fans: 2x Sunon 120mm Fan w/4-pin molex
Pumps: Danger Den 12V D4 with 1/2 OD Fittings
Tubing: 7 Feet of Clearflex
Water Additives: 4oz Zerex Super Coolant
Hold Down Style: Standard Stainless Steel Hold Down
Misc: T Fitting
= $313.31

No res, build a T line, bigger radiator, no TEC for the gpu (you don't need one)

Yeah, I'd stay away from TECs, they're expensive and you need an extra PS to run them. Watercooling your GPU will be plenty. I agree with what Jas said, just make sure you know where/how you're going to mount your radiator. Most radiators require holes to be cut in the case somewhere ;)

Jas said:
if your going to go the DD route, might I suggest...

CPU Water Block: Danger Den TDX
Video Card Water Block: *NEW* Acetal MAZE4 GPU for Nvidia 6800 series
Fitting Size: 1/2 OD Fitting for 1/2 ID Tubing
Radiator: Black Ice XtremeII - Black
Fans: 2x Sunon 120mm Fan w/4-pin molex
Pumps: Danger Den 12V D4 with 1/2 OD Fittings
Tubing: 7 Feet of Clearflex
Water Additives: 4oz Zerex Super Coolant
Hold Down Style: Standard Stainless Steel Hold Down
Misc: T Fitting
= $313.31

No res, build a T line, bigger radiator, no TEC for the gpu (you don't need one)

That looks good but just get a Black Ice Xtreme so that if fits in your case easily. You can still get the 2 fans if you want but 1 should be fine. Also Don't get the Stainless Steel hold down unless you really want to. You might want to get 10 feet of tubing just in case (I had to re-arrange my setup and the extra tubing saved me). Also don't get Zerex just use antifreeze or buy the MCT stuff dangerden sells if your to lazy. That should put you under 300 easy.

this what I would get
Cpu water Block: TDX $53
Gpu Water Bllock: $45
RAdiator: Dual Heater Core, 2 fans, shroud, $60, I tried black ice extreme and thought they were worse then the heater core that I got on ebay.
Pump, Hydor $55 Plus relay $20, or Dander D4 $80
T line as reservior $2
you can get that feeling thing for T line from danger den for $13
Tubing $20
Clamps $10
water weter
shipping
Should come out to near $300 shipped

Copper TDX Block for Athlon64 754/939/940
Acetal Version MAZE4GPU
Black Ice Xtreme Radiator
Sunon 120mm Fan
Danger Den DD12V-D4 Pump
Tygon 3603 Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
Danger Den Single 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir
Zerex Super Coolant
http://www.dangerdenstore.com

Subtotal: $307.64
Shipping: $17.73 fedex 2nd day!
TOTAL: $325.37 :eh?:

how is this going to run ?

You can skip the Tygon- Clearflex 60 works fine and is a lot cheaper. You can always get it from Mcmaster.com (5231K237) where it is cheaper. tygon is only really needed when you have really tight bends. Whether or not to use a res is a personal preference and depends on how much space you have in the case. I like Jas suggestions for the most part. I would however also skip the Zerex and use some other antifreeze and something like waterbed algaecide or iodine to kill any plantlife. I really like my blue VW antifreeze, although it is kind of expensive at $30 a gallon. A gallon however is enough to keep me for a LONG, LONG time. I also would get the new MCP655 pump- one place to get it- (http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=3112&osCsid=3887de7778638a2afc314193b5c5e02b)

voigts said:
You can skip the Tygon- Clearflex 60 works fine and is a lot cheaper. You can always get it from Mcmaster.com (5231K237) where it is cheaper. tygon is only really needed when you have really tight bends. Whether or not to use a res is a personal preference and depends on how much space you have in the case. I like Jas suggestions for the most part. I would however also skip the Zerex and use some other antifreeze and something like waterbed algaecide or iodine to kill any plantlife. I really like my blue VW antifreeze, although it is kind of expensive at $30 a gallon. A gallon however is enough to keep me for a LONG, LONG time. I also would get the new MCP655 pump- one place to get it- (http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=3112&osCsid=3887de7778638a2afc314193b5c5e02b)

i think i might go back with clearfex just to save money. no use since my pc case is big with lots of space and not much unneccesary bends!... also i think the d4 pump shold be good enough. i might go for some antifreeze tho. but overall i wish to have better parts. tho! :shrug:

dont skip at this point use the tygon with a 10% antifreeze mix and why tdx rbx will do better for same price as long as quality tubing will not rock the heatsink off your cpu core

your doing fine now and on your way

read for another week and you wont make mistakes i did

The D5 (MCP655) is only about $5 price difference from the D4 (MCP650) and is a lot quieter from all of the reviews I have read and everyone that has one so far. Well worth the $5.

As far as the tubing goes, probably 80%+ of the people who watercool use Clearflex60. It is quality tubing and has a good bend radius. Tygon is softer and has an even better bend radius, hence why I recommended it for really tight bends, but I cannot justify the $$$$. Tygon is over 5 times more than Clearflex60 (at Mcmaster.com), and at the pressure levels that we use in watercooling, my opinion is that although Tygon is indisputably the king of tubing, it is major overkill and is not cost justified. Now although I highly recommend Clearflex60, I would never recommend the Lowe's/Home Depot stuff by any stretch as it is stiff as a rock. You can get more specifics in the tubing sticky by Jas. Just my .2 worth :)

Outhouse is very right about reading around before you buy. I started out with a Swiftech kit and spent quite a bit of money redoing tubing, pump, and rad before finally settling on my current setup. I would have saved a lot of money getting it right the first time.

voigts said:
The D5 (MCP655) is only about $5 price difference from the D4 (MCP650) and is a lot quieter from all of the reviews I have read and everyone that has one so far. Well worth the $5.

As far as the tubing goes, probably 80%+ of the people who watercool use Clearflex60. It is quality tubing and has a good bend radius. Tygon is softer and has an even better bend radius, hence why I recommended it for really tight bends, but I cannot justify the $$$$. Tygon is over 5 times more than Clearflex60 (at Mcmaster.com), and at the pressure levels that we use in watercooling, my opinion is that although Tygon is indisputably the king of tubing, it is major overkill and is not cost justified. Now although I highly recommend Clearflex60, I would never recommend the Lowe's/Home Depot stuff by any stretch as it is stiff as a rock. You can get more specifics in the tubing sticky by Jas. Just my .2 worth :)

Outhouse is very right about reading around before you buy. I started out with a Swiftech kit and spent quite a bit of money redoing tubing, pump, and rad before finally settling on my current setup. I would have saved a lot of money getting it right the first time.

well i only see the d4 on dd.com and i'm planning to getting all parts from there since it's one stop and go. i'll still stick with clearflex since my case is big and does not have tight areas to bend or major bends. as for reading i'm hoping to get mroe opinion on it!

ANY ONE HAVE A THERMALTAKE KANDALF CASE THAT HAS WATERCOOLING ON IT? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME PICS?

Back