• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 350D Monsta cooled rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PePoX

i was looking for cases for a water cooled rig and o wanted to be fairly small quiet and i wanted to jam as much cooling as possible without giving up features -at least not much- so in my research i stumbled upon the 350D nice features nice size and good space for watercooling and i decided to go with it then was time for radiator choice! i recently watched a review of the alphacool monsta and it was love a first rad! pair that with a xspc EX-240 for it's thinness and i wanted ANOTHER rad and i found the RX-120 from xspc too but i was in a bit of a dilemma here: it wouldn't fit because the size BUT i had a epiphany! the water cooling grommets on the back!! i could feed the tubes through them and mount it outside MIND=BLOWN ... at least for me xD but i still have to get around some things manly the res and the pump like size and location my first choise was the micro reservoir from swiftech but i think its too small.. it will be enough for this loop? another one was the xspc single bay reservoir or a pump/res combo and for the pump i was thinking in the swiftech MCP655-B and planing the loop

this are my parts that i planned to buy

Alphacool NexXoS MONSTA 240mm
XSPC RX120
XSPC EX240
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT
XSPC 1/2" x 3/4" Compression Fitting V2
Corsair SP120
fan splitter x2
XSPC Raystorm amd
Koolance AR290X

note the lack of pump and reservoir, because i just haven't figured out yet

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCFs.

First and foremost, I have no idea what you're cooling. How much heat are you trying to dissipate? You might have too much rad or not enough. Usually the rule of thumb is to figure out is how much heat surface is needed to cool X amount of heat/watts along with the other parts needed in a loop. I than would than advise on case shopping as a X amount of room to fit everything in roughly would be needed or go overkill. Nonetheless it all can be worked with and you have found your ways and have more ways to go. You should be fine as worse comes to worse you can hang rads outside of the case or modify the case to make sure everything fits.

Now, do you have adequate places for good fresh cool airflow for the case or are all the spots occupied with radiators? Depending what you are cooling, say a CPU and GPU only loop, chances are you won't need that much rad, only if you're looking for a extremely quiet loop on full load.

Make sure you use all your filter points as your intakes and all other places as exhaust. A clean case is a happy case. :D

I don't think you'll have much room in the case for a tube reservoir so I would recommend going with a nice bay reservoir + pump combo. Something like this would be nice if you like the extra eye candy. Single bay reservoirs are a pain to prime and bleed. And your D5 pump would need to find a open space somewhere in the already cluttered case. I say go with a dual bay res with the D5 hooked behind it. Use the internet and USB for downloads and installs. I used up all my bays and don't use a Blu-ray burner anymore.

Last edited:
thanks for the quick feedback well i want a extreme silent and i'll be cooling a fx 9590 and a pair of r9 290x oc'd and man! i love the res! it's so magnificent! other problem it's that i have a spare 1tb barracuda i'd like to use, for my storage i have a 500 gb ssd -more than enough for me- maybe i could find a way to mount that barracuda somewhere else

thanks for the quick feedback well i want a extreme silent and i'll be cooling a fx 9590 and a pair of r9 290x oc'd and man! i love the res! it's so magnificent! other problem it's that i have a spare 1tb barracuda i'd like to use, for my storage i have a 500 gb ssd -more than enough for me- maybe i could find a way to mount that barracuda somewhere else

:salute: I also love that reservoir. If they had a MCP dual pump version I'd be all over that. Love the LED feature to it as well as the silver bullets.

Look and see if there's room on the backside of the case behind the MB. SSDs can easily be hidden anywhere pretty much.

Last edited:
Back