• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360 vs PS3 graphics shootout round 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tenchi86 said:
1. I pretty much do ignore it. I see no harm though in expressing my opinion on an internet forum.

2. My point is not moot because I had no point. I still don't think you are getting it. All was saying is why some people are hyped about the power of the PS3. I never said people buy systems based on that hype, I never said the hype was true, and I never said it is not possible to be hyped about anything.

3. I NEVER SAID PEOPLE ARE BUYING THE PS3 BECAUSE OF THE CELL. I hate to do that but it is starting to get annoying. I am not sure how the hell you got on the topic of selling systems but you need to just drop it. It is offtopic and I never mentioned it. Just because I mentioned why some people are still hyped for the PS3 does not mean I think those people are going to then go out and buy the PS3.

1. You are welcome to your opinion, but you sure do spend more time addressing other's opinions of the PS3 than one should if it does not bother you. Pretty ironic for someone who champions free expression so often.

2. People can be hyped for the 360 and the Wii's power as much as the PS3. This, in effect, makes any effective "hype" for the PS3 [based on power alone] irrelevant as it can apply to all three. Simple enough?

3. Part was an attempt to address the hype issue. You mentioned that hype can move consoles and I offered a counter-argument. Franchise titles will always create some movement, but ultimately it is very small compared to other things [such as price and a current slate of titles]. I know you didn't say that people are buying the PS3 based on the Cell, but lately you have been speaking of it as if it is going to do something novel and wonderful in the near future. So far, the only notable thing about the Cell processor is Folding, which most people do on PC's. Home is different, but it does not appear to be something that the 360 could not do. The Cell architecture likely has more appropriate applications outside of a console. Right now it's doing absolutely nothing to distinguish the PS3.

deception``

If I had a choice. I'd get the 360 based purely on its price...

360=£200=$400
PS3=£430=$860

:p

FudgeNuggets said:
Now that's just ridiculous. BluRay yes, folding no... I can guarantee you nobody is buying a $600 PS3 solely for folding.
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with FudgeNuggets. I really think computers are better suited for the task.

z0n3 said:
You guys need to speak to LandShark. He bought several PS3s he uses to fold.

LandShark is but one person. The average person is not going to spend $600 on a gaming console so it can fold.

deception``

deception`` said:
LandShark is but one person. The average person is not going to spend $600 on a gaming console so it can fold.

deception``
I never suggested that the average person would. I was confirming that some people have purchased PS3s just for folding.

z0n3 said:
I never suggested that the average person would. I was confirming that some people have purchased PS3s just for folding.

Of course there's going to be someone like LandShark, but he's in the extreme minority. Buyer behavior is based on average consumer tastes, and LandShark would fall into an extremely niche group.

deception``

so is it just me or did anyone else notice how the 360's graphics were a bit more blurry and less detailed? as well as darker to the point of annoyance...yeahh 360 ftl

PYROMANIAC said:
so is it just me or did anyone else notice how the 360's graphics were a bit more blurry and less detailed? as well as darker to the point of annoyance...yeahh 360 ftl
Indeed but I think the PS3 graphics got kind of blurry/too bright.

I want to get a 360 sometime soon. Just because I want to play Halo3. :)

Back