• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 280 Benchmarks !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sweet, better start a new thread on it Kamp and please post the link here! :beer:

another crappy rehash from NVIDIA for the summer, nothing special, this release is a joke, i hope this is when ATI comes out and de-thrown's NVIDIA, $200 and $300 cards that are to perform incredibly well, as well as use less power and less heat.

Alright. It should get here by thursday at the latest. Gather a list of what you'd like me to run and I'll do it on the 8800 Ultra first, then swap out and run them on the GTX 280.

I must say that I'm a bit concerned with heat as its crazy hot in Los Angeles right now and the GTX 280 is going to add a lot of heat to my system where as the 8800 Ultra is on water.

Obviously noone has a waterblock for the GTX 280 yet right?

QFT

i bet the 512 memory interface and higher shaders will come in handy for in the future games to come

i dont think it will, ATI is going the route of DDR5 on the 4870 and 256 i recall....

the speed of DDR5 is more then enough and cheaper then doing a 512bit bus...

could be why the new N cards are costing so much!

i dont think it will, ATI is going the route of DDR5 on the 4870 and 256 i recall....

the speed of DDR5 is more then enough and cheaper then doing a 512bit bus...

could be why the new N cards are costing so much!

true but last time ati used higher ddr video ram they failed. i think the 512bit will beat out the ddr5

true but last time ati used higher ddr video ram they failed. i think the 512bit will beat out the ddr5
RV670 didn't require the extra bandwidth, RV770 is likely to.

Highly unimpressive results for a next-gen card at the given price. Feels like they're trying to squeeze consumers for some extra profits.

The card is out for delivery today. Do we have a list of benchies/games for me to run?

The 'professional' reviewers have done most of them already :) How about testing that new folding GPU client? Lot of people posting results from 8800GTX/GTS/9600GT/etc but no GTX 280's yet :)

The card is out for delivery today. Do we have a list of benchies/games for me to run?

crysis with everything on high NO AA do different resolutions.

do 3d mark 06

and do everything stock clocking and then a run with overclocking :)

Ok that's great....For the US users :S

I am in the UK and cannot seem to find it anywhere. Anyone see one in the UK and I will be happy to buy it and test it :D

o ok, you location wasnt filled in and just thought you were in the US.

Back