• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3950X Stability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amarrotti

Aorus X570 Stability

I just recently built a pc with a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra X570 and a 3950X. It runs fine except when I run prime95 small fft or occt small data set it will instantly stop workers or BSOD. The pc is at default setting no overclock. From troubleshooting the only thing I can do to get it to run prime95 small fft or occt small data set is if I make one change in the bios and that is changing Load Line Calibration from auto to medium. I am mainly trying to find out if anyone else has this issue if the cpu or motherboard my be faulty I'm leaning towards swapping out the motherboard or if this might be something fixed in a bios update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just recently built a pc with a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra X570 and a 3950X. It runs fine except when I run prime95 small fft or occt small data set it will instantly stop workers or BSOD. The pc is at default setting no overclock. From troubleshooting the only thing I can do to get it to run prime95 small fft or occt small data set is if I make one change in the bios and that is changing Load Line Calibration from auto to medium. I am mainly trying to find out if anyone else has this issue if the cpu or motherboard my be faulty I'm leaning towards swapping out the motherboard or if this might be something fixed in a bios update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What type of cooling are you using? Stock coolers that come with the CPU won't handle the heat when you run Prime 95 or OCCT, also get HWMonitor to check temps on your CPU when you run Prime95 or OCCT.

Make a sig with your PC stats, CPU, Ram, GPU, MB, Cooling.....

Just leave LLC on Medium unless you're having issues with your vCore getting too high when you change that setting. Doesn't sound like faulty hardware to me, that's a high-end chip and will take some juice to run at full tilt.

Also, just one thread is plenty for the same topic. I've merged the duplicate threads.

Last edited:
Noctua NH-D15S. Highest temp I have seen is 86 degrees Celsius during a stress test.

Noctua NH-D15S. Highest temp I have seen is 86 degrees Celsius during a stress test.

This may sound like a dumb question but did you remove the plastic label from the NH-D15S before mounting the HS? It's happened before here in the OC forums, that's why I ask.

lableHS.jpg

The only time I would get a blue screen was when pushing an OC with not enough Vcore. If upping your load line is helping I would look at your cpu voltages. You need more voltage somewhere.

The only time I would get a blue screen was when pushing an OC with not enough Vcore. If upping your load line is helping I would look at your cpu voltages. You need more voltage somewhere.

Yep.

I have a update to the issue I was having with my pc. It turns out it was the processor that is faulty. I was able to try it in a friends motherboard and the same issue was happening in his. I then put my friends processor in my motherboard and it worked perfectly at default settings so I have a replacement processors coming to me from Amazon. Thanks to all for the help!

I have a update to the issue I was having with my pc. It turns out it was the processor that is faulty. I was able to try it in a friends motherboard and the same issue was happening in his. I then put my friends processor in my motherboard and it worked perfectly at default settings so I have a replacement processors coming to me from Amazon. Thanks to all for the help!

Thanks for coming back in with the feedback, it's much appreciated!

Back