• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DM05 World Record: 16364!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I read on another forum today that some guy got his dual 7800s up to just shy of 18000. I will have a look for that again when I get in tonight if it's big news!!

RisingPhoenix said:
I wonder why they need dual 7800's OCed, other than for benchmarks :rolleyes:

That's like saying why does F1 really need those cars, I mean they could do the race in Civics’. It’s about competition and trying to out-do you opponents not just doing/using what seems to be adequate. I for one enjoy seeing what a few crazy people with tons of resources and skill can pull out of hardware. But maybe that is just me :eh?:

they ned them to run their games at the absolutly BEST maximum performance with out a hitch, that is what for?

Yep it was Shamino. This is kind of old news but right now 05 is so so so CPU limited with 7800s in sli that 400mhz on your CPU is worth 1000points.

He also happened to have a 3.8ghz FX-55SD or FX-57 that somehow avoids the coldbug.

Janus67 said:
congrats LoneWolf, those are some amazing numbers.
I sure wish it was me! Not just for bragging rights, but to have pockets that deep... :D

I wouldn't say 05 is that CPU limited...I mean, it is, but increasing your CPU clock does noticably increase your score, just not as much as increasing your GPU clock.

Somehow I don't feel imressed by this score or any of the 3dmark scores. Surely they are great. But what do they exactly measure that for $$$ amount of money you can build a system that will obtain that score, of course this system will be loud as hell, consume huge amount of electricty and probably won't play any games since it's only build to get 3dmark scores. It's like when you hear on news that a car broke new worlds land speed records, it a great news but you can't drive that car from your house to house next door.

meionm said:
Somehow I don't feel imressed by this score or any of the 3dmark scores. Surely they are great. But what do they exactly measure that for $$$ amount of money you can build a system that will obtain that score, of course this system will be loud as hell, consume huge amount of electricty and probably won't play any games since it's only build to get 3dmark scores. It's like when you hear on news that a car broke new worlds land speed records, it a great news but you can't drive that car from your house to house next door.

Not quite understanding your post, but im pretty sure whoever owns that system is playing the crap out of the newest games.

meionm said:

what is your point? he's not trying to drive the land speed record car to work, it's a project car.

meionm said:
if people were always saying that, we'd still be on abacuses. How do you think technology advances? by competition and by pushing limits.

to use your analogy, think back to the first days of cars. the day's headline: "world land speed record set: 55mph!" People taking your point of view would say the same thing: "its great news, but you can't drive that car from your house to house next door". Nowadays we regularly hit 75 on the interstate. Of course, the cars are loud, expensive, and consume exorbitant amounts of gas, but no one seems to care ;) .

meionm said:
Hate to tell you - but you must have typed the wrong addy in your explorer bar and ended up in the wrong forum - this is OCforums.com here - not bargaincomputingforums.com

Haha, you people are like a pack of ravanis dogs. Anyway thats cool he got such a hi recorded. Though I know I could beat him if only my computer could actually run the program.

Back