• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4.5ghz w/o HT or Less then 4.5ghz w/ HT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im not even going to bother replying to individual posts as this seems like a page long debate over who is a fanboy, who isn't, and if HT works.

I will add that it will give a 12-15% increase in Folding production.

Vio1 said:
After running prime95, 4.5ghz is not stable with HT enabled (failed after 5 mins). With HT disabled i ran prime95 all night (7 hours... until i manually stopped it)...
i have it oc with my new vapochill ls.

What do you think i should do? I have four options:
1)lower the clock till my cpu is stable with HT enabled
2)leave it at 4.5ghz w/o HT
3)try oc further (since 4.5ghz is now stable)
4)figure a way of making 4.5ghz w/ HT stable (this is were i need your guys' help.... anyone know of a guide for an Asus P4c800e-dlx to make all the bios settings optimal for a high oc?)

I have the processor you have same stepping and pack date, and i am running it everyday at cas 2-2-2-5 at 275FSB. I can run it at 281 but it is unstable in 3d games i.e farcry no matter what . I will put my PC4400 ram at cas 3-3-3-6 or whatever 5:4 ratio and still be unstable.

I am running a ic7 max 3 and is not modded . I also run a vapochill LS like you . I totally believe you have reached the limit of the board. When i go past 275 FSB it is unstable no matter what. But i can put it at 275FSB and it works fine. I dont get it.
I just sold my 3.2E and i should have a 3.4E in the next day or so. I hope to get 4600-4700 stable which is around 275FSB-281FSB. I gurrantee it will do the same thing after 275 FSB.

We will see.

Back