• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4 Pin GPU fan connector STUCK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

macmuffin

Trying to remove the Gpu fan connector from the PCB and its just plain stuck.

Any ideas?

(sorry if this is in the wrong area)

Dummy check would be to make sure you are pushing the tab that holds it in... yes its "obvious" but I've been guilty of that myself.

That said, try a small squirt of wd-40 (let it sit for a minute). WD-40 is non conductive and cleans up easily so it wont harm anything. Dont go crazy and spray everything, just a small amount to lubricate the plastics.

Dummy check would be to make sure you are pushing the tab that holds it in... yes its "obvious" but I've been guilty of that myself.

That said, try a small squirt of wd-40 (let it sit for a minute). WD-40 is non conductive and cleans up easily so it wont harm anything. Dont go crazy and spray everything, just a small amount to lubricate the plastics.

I really don't think there is a tab. I don't have WD-40 At the moment.

Could maybe try needle nose pliers REALLY REALLY GENTLY?

I really don't think there is a tab. I don't have WD-40 At the moment.

Could maybe try needle nose pliers REALLY REALLY GENTLY?

Your funer.... Your call :D

All of my power supply connections have tabs, you sure? O.O

Don't use WD 40. Use something like sewing machine oil.

Err.... Theres literally no difference here for this use. More people are likely to have WD-40 than sewing machine oil. WD-40 may work even better because its a penetrating oil... Be even easier to clean up as well.

It's the one thing that's stopping me from installing this new cooler. haha

Who would have thought?

Well, "forcing" electrical connectors is pretty much always asking for trouble. I am curious as to why it would be stuck though. You can try a pair of pliers, may get more leverage, but if you're "yanking" youre going to break something.

Well pliers worked. Little **** was just stuck real good.

Thanks everyone

Back