• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4770k loop is coming along! :) (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukestrothman

Hi all, wanted to share the progress of my loop, here are some pictures of the progress thus far. Good news is everything fits and no leaks after an 8-hour run overnight! :)

Only thing that disappoints me is the Swiftech 655-b, I thought this also had the variable speed, but apparently not. Seems like the flow through the res is not as powerful as some peoples that I have seen, but the flow is definitely not bad.

No the build is not complete, so please don't harass me on what it looks like at the end, I have a long way to go still before putting the side panel back on.

1.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good so far... but for the love of bandwidth, please resize those monster pictures, they are HUGE! :p

EDIT: Wait, do you have the pump upside down? Not sure you can do that? How are you going to prime that pump with the res being below it and gravity working against it?

Needs some clean up, but looking good.

I would suggest that you redo the pics. Reduce the size and orient the images properly.....

*edit ***** ninja

Apologies, lol. Do a refresh, resized and straightened. I uploaded wrong batch to my webspace. :)

Pump isn't upside down no.

** EDIT, also a note to anyone using a HAF X: a 120.2 rad does not fit in the standard middle recessed holes below the 200mm fans. I had to custom fab some holes about an inch closer to the side panel to allow the res to mount so the motherboard would fit underneath. After the new holes were drilled the rad looked like it was made for the case. I was very happy with the outcome.

MUCH better. Looks like you are well on your way! :)

:) Thanks again for the help with the mobo issue Earthdog. As you can see, I went asus z87-pro.

Got the 4770k + ASUS z87-PRO for a combo price of 450$ + tax. :clap::clap::clap:

So like this you are saying???

These are the specs: (1 outlet?????) I'm not using the outlet?

Technical specifications:
Material internal: Mostly copper
Material casing: Side panels steel, threads brass, copper chambers
Colour: Black
Dimensions (LxWxH):280x124x60mm
Connection threads: 6x1/4“
Outlet Connection threads: 1x1/4“
Mounting thread size: M3
Pressure tested: 1.5bar
Weight:1484g

likethis.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that is what we are saying.

The water will enter where it does now, do down the end (where you take it out right now) then return to exit where you have made the arrow on the picture above.

Sort of a U turn for the water, to give it maximum chill.

Ahhhh, and of course I have the loop filled.... How am I going to switch these, the rad was a pain to mount and I feel like I'm going to get liquid everywhere. Any tips? for the switch?

Think I'm going to pop out the copper plug on the new output, and holy a bucket/towel underneath that, and then try to do the same on the current output. without spilling to much... Going to do copper side first so I can plug the compression side when it comes out fast enough hopefully.

Last edited:
unscrew your tube res... hang it outside over a bucket, loose the a plug on the res, should be able to drain most of it like that.

Then you'll probably be best off in rerouting the whole loop from pump to cpu to rad to res to pump

some more time at the stickies & looking at builds would have avoided that

unscrew your tube res... hang it outside over a bucket, loose the a plug on the res, should be able to drain most of it like that.

Then you'll probably be best off in rerouting the whole loop from pump to cpu to rad to res to pump

some more time at the stickies & looking at builds would have avoided that

What difference is it going to make if I go to the way you are mentioning vs. the way I have it, either way pump is going direct to the rad, then to the cpu, then res, then back to pump. I don't think there would be MUCH if any difference in temps. I'm not disagreeing, but I really want to know, is it actually a big difference?

I think he mentioned that for draining purposes, not for loop efficiency as loop order does not matter as far as temps go. The temperatures inside the loop vary very little.

I think he mentioned that for draining purposes, not for loop efficiency as loop order does not matter as far as temps go. The temperatures inside the loop vary very little.

Ohhh, that makes sense, understandable. Very good thanks!

I have to custom fab the bottom piece for the haf x to fit over the pump which sucks. I wish there was a better alternative.

Or that the haf x was more like the 800D and had a nice basement. :(

On post #2 third picture down it shows (one) power wire going to the video card and the pigtail of the same wire going to the second plug in on the video card:shrug:,is that correct?

I always thought you had to run (2) sets of wires to the video card??:confused:

Back