• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Ghz Club [Core 2 Duo]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:eek: very nice, one of the best for a 6300 without a doubt

CPU: E6600 L630b016 *oem*
Motherboard: Asus P5b deluxe with swiftech mcx159
Memory: 1gb x 2 crucial 10th anniv 667
PowerSupply: pcpwrcooling silencer 750
Cooling: ss in lian li v2000 by jinu117

Attachments

• untitledm.JPG
    untitledm.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 483
i did it!4gigs for the first time ever!:attn: couldnt do it with countless p4cs and a pair of 6600s but thanks to Custom90gts(you rule man!) saaaawwweeeettt xeon 3070 ive finally manged to do it!didnt stay there for very long mind you(scared the crap out of me running the vcore at 1.65)ran super pi 1m and ran orthos for about 60seconds lol.temps hit 65c instantly!(talk about your heart in your throat!)so stopped orthos and saved the screenshot and uploaded it to imageshack and clocked back down.
needless to say im a very happy camper.i can die in peace :beer:

edit:forgot my specs...same as my sig :).

Last edited:
maxfly said:
hehe yeah it was a long night and even longer friday lol.surviving the day was a bit difficult lol.it was worth it tho :D

he he dont you feel good that you could hit 4ghz.... i love it... its halarious, someone starts talking about their new computer, how fast it is, how its a new 2.4ghz core 2 duo... im like, well have you got urs to 4ghz... its like a slap in the face lol

hmm looks like alot of you guys are running the same Asus mobo.. Im in the market for a new mobo myself...

cant go wrong with the P5W dh for a e6600... i have had 0 probs with mine.

ds3 and P5B delux are also great boards, along with any 680i chipset boards.

Maybe it is just me, but I really think these 4ghz suicide runs to be in a club are pretty lame, lol. Imo, any overclock where you are essentially suicide running a CPU to catch a screenshot or a super pi loop before you crash seems pointless. However on the other hand people who run ln2 or dry ice to hit truly extreme frequencies can be mildly entertaining

For me Overclocking is about attaining a stable boost in everyday performance. I had to bust my *** modding to make my system run 4ghz+ dual prime stable for 24 hours (over a year ago). This post seems rather silly to me. Just my 2 cents.

thats kind of the point isnt it?the difference between hitting it on water/air vs phase/di?its a lil bit harder to hit 4ghz without mods or extreme cooling and especially hard for those that can manage it on air.<---thats what i like to see.with phase etc you expect to see a 4gig+ oclock right?with air or water not very often.so to me the guys that can do it with more conventional means are the ones i admire.whether its a 10 min suicide or a orthos stable 24/7.the point is you did it. :D

Last edited:
maxfly said:
thats kind of the point isnt it?the difference between hitting it on water/air vs phase/di?its a lil bit harder to hit 4ghz without mods or extreme cooling and especially hard for those that can manage it on air.<---thats what i like to see.with phase etc you expect to see a 4gig+ oclock right?with air or water not very often.so to me the guys that can do it with more convention means are the ones i admire.whether its a 10 min suicide or a orthos stable 24/7.the point is you did it. :D

You don’t need to tell me, i hit 4ghz 24 hour dual prime stable on water, with vcore and vdroop mods, (see sig.) many moons ago. As far as "Hitting" 4ghz it seems like the name of the game is called:

1. Buy a e6600
2. Buy nice mb and ram
3. Crank up vcore
4. Snap a screenie or if this fails:
5. Bring your rig outside or to the garage and repeat step 4.

6. Raise hands high and celebrate your new screenshot stable 4ghz rig! Lol
7. Reduce vcore and clock to your truly achieved stable overclock speed.

Now if only i used my comp for as a dedicated screenshoting rig then id be one happy camper. The fastest screenshot rig around!

Last edited:
Then what's the difference between buying a IC7 Max 2 / P4C800 Deluxe / 3.2E to stablize 4ghz, it's not hard. Sure didn't take mods to do that.

It's much harder to hit 4ghz on Core 2 Duo rather than P4s. I hit 4.278ghz on my old 3.2E on an unmodded setup / 4.1ghz 24/7 stable, you don't have much to brag about lol.

oRIDDLERo said:
Maybe it is just me, but I really think these 4ghz suicide runs to be in a club are pretty lame, lol. Imo, any overclock where you are essentially suicide running a CPU to catch a screenshot or a super pi loop before you crash seems pointless. However on the other hand people who run ln2 or dry ice to hit truly extreme frequencies can be mildly entertaining

For me Overclocking is about attaining a stable boost in everyday performance. I had to bust my *** modding to make my system run 4ghz+ dual prime stable for 24 hours (over a year ago). This post seems rather silly to me. Just my 2 cents.

Thats a 3.2Ghz Chip, 800mhz OC. Thats not much in P4 terms. A C2D 2.4Ghz chip hitting 4Ghz now thats an achievement weather or not its on air.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Then what's the difference between buying a IC7 Max 2 / P4C800 Deluxe / 3.2E to stablize 4ghz, it's not hard. Sure didn't take mods to do that.

It's much harder to hit 4ghz on Core 2 Duo rather than P4s. I hit 4.278ghz on my old 3.2E on an unmodded setup / 4.1ghz 24/7 stable, you don't have much to brag about lol.

“Stable” is a relative term. I guarantee your stable 4.1 is totally UNstable by my standards.

I’d bet you your screen-shotter rig if i buy the parts in the above list, and go outside in the winter i will have an 4ghz uber kanuber screen shot for you. There is no skill/work involved (well except for maybe dragging the rig somewhere 32f ambient), and in my opinion no reward. I wish there was a 4ghz STABLE Core 2 Duo air/water club (With minimum testing criteria). This would be a “club” I would be proud to be a member.

You're missing the point COMPLETELY. First off all "“Stable” is a relative term. I guarantee your stable 4.1 is totally UNstable by my standards.", Dual prime isn't good enough for you? I used to fold with that rig constantly, so you're completely wrong.

Keep in mind, we're getting 1360 - 1900mhz OCs. If you were going to drag your 3.2E to some cold ambients and try a suicide shot, I guarantee you wouldn't get close to our mhz.

Just stop arguing while you can, because you're making yourself look like a fool.

oRIDDLERo said:
“Stable” is a relative term. I guarantee your stable 4.1 is totally UNstable by my standards.

I’d bet you your screen-shotter rig if i buy the parts in the above list, and go outside in the winter i will have an 4ghz uber kanuber screen shot for you. There is no skill/work involved (well except for maybe dragging the rig somewhere 32f ambient), and in my opinion no reward. I wish there was a 4ghz STABLE Core 2 Duo air/water club (With minimum testing criteria). This would be a “club” I would be proud to be a member.

LOL give me a break. You get your 3.2 to 5ghz (remember the 5ghz club) and run a loop of super pi and tell me how it goes. Not every core 2 duo is going to hit 4ghz, its luck of the draw. I couldn't find a post in here that says anything about "how do you feel about the 4ghz core 2 duo club" so I see no reason to try to bust some peoples bubbles.

Back