• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 Asus motherboards, your thoughts? What's the difference between them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ooops, my bad, yeah sorry I remembered it is on the chip not the board. It used to only come with the boards, how they get that on the chip is really fasinating to me...
But from my understanding the price vs performance is good for the i5, and that is one of the reasons I had choosen it. I will be folding and playing a few games as well doing some minor photo stuff. The board and chip I currently have has served well, but honestly I didnt really need the Deluxe board, especially the wireless feature to me was useless. Am I going to see much more performance then out of the 6670 vs just using the graphics interface on the chip?

And the 6670 I was thinking of was with the GDDR5. How much performance difference is there between the 6570 or 6670?

All sandy bridge "i"'s are great chips. I'm even impressed as heck with the i3-2100 in my wifes machine.

Pretty big performance difference between iGPU on a 2500 and a 6570/6670.

Between the GDDR3 versions of 6570 and 6670 there's very little difference. Problem with the GDDR5 version of the 6670 is that now you're up to like $80.

$80 is quite cheap as that card here sells for 120, but that is from ASUS and they have three models of this card, one with heat sink, and two with fans, frankly I dont know which one is better, heatsink is great, but the size of that card is pretty big.

Will 6570 offer enough juice? I want 1GB and DDR5 if possible, but I haven't checked the specs of that card yet, not even sure ASUS makes a verson of it. I want something that can last me about 4-5 years without having to upgrade again, the card I have now has served well, jsut that now I cannot play the new Cities XL because it only has 256megs on it and XL requires 500 and a better video card. thus one of the reasons for an upgrade.

I am very interested in the I chips as I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Taiwan is democratic, they don't block stuff here. Only website I haven't been able to reach is hulu as hulu blocks everyone outside the US, I wish I could find a solution to that. haha.

Asus has three different cards, here is their site with the three cards, same model just different designs, http://www.asus.com/Search/?SearchKey=6770

Back