• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5" LCD Display in Lian Li V1000 Front.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

This whole idea started when Wonderingsoul suggested that I buy one of these LCD's. The wheels started turning an I decided that I was going to install it in the front of my case. I got to thinking that my Kama Bay is about the same size and would house the screen quite nicely. The fun has begun.

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

Now the main question I have is would I be able to run the screen off a molex connector or do I have to keep the AC Adaptor that came with it. I belive its only rated at 1000 mA so Im sure my 12V Rail can keep up with it. What do you think

Well here is the almost finished project. I still need to paint the Silver on the LCD black and put a molex on the circuit board, but Its all done and running.

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

Last edited:
Now that thats all done, I just need to find a use for it. iTunes is nice, but I kinda wanna monitor temps and **** like that in it. I think I need to figure out how to use Samurize

Now that thats all done, I just need to find a use for it. iTunes is nice, but I kinda wanna monitor temps and **** like that in it. I think I need to figure out how to use Samurize

Great, hopefullt it works out nicely.

You could always just have coretemp or CPUFSB in there :santa:

Wow, that's really slick! :beer::beer: Can you manipulate the data on that screen in windows? Can you change whats on the screen easily or is it a task?

Its basically another monitor. So yeah I can have it be whatever I want. I was Playing Day of Defeat the other day on my main monitor while watching a Murder City Devils DVD on the other screen. As of right now though, I just have the samurize layout from above on it.

I shouldnt have installed it just yet, because it does still need to get painted and I need to put a molex on the circuit board as well for the power. Im sure it will never get painted because Im to lazy. I also wanna put some sort of on off switch so I can turn it off when its not in use.

Back