• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5200 to 5700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
saying.. that if he is useing more ram then is on his vid card right.? i mean yeah its more smooth and no i have not ran any binchies yet..i mean it only makes sence that the aperture is set at 256 that i am goin to use that 256 first then then go to system ram ( right )i dono i will run some binchies later...
( edit um when i put my new card in it went to 128 to start with also hell this soo could be a nother one of the great mistersy in life..lol

The AGP aperture is how much of the system RAM can be used by the video card if the video card needs more RAM than it has. I only have 256MB of RAM, so I have mine set to 64MB. This way it won't use too much of my system RAM when playing games with lots/big textures. Usually you have to mess around with it to get it to a setting that performs best on your system.

Ok I'm back from the dead.Now,there is one thing everyone needs to remember.If your video card ever needs to access agp memory you will get unplayable framerates regardless of the aperture size because system ram is way slower than the ram on your video card.

stratcatprowlin said:
Ok I'm back from the dead.Now,there is one thing everyone needs to remember.If your video card ever needs to access agp memory you will get unplayable framerates regardless of the aperture size because system ram is way slower than the ram on your video card.

All it is doing is storing textures in system ram so it has quick access so that it doesn't have to access the hard drive to get it.

Ok,but what are you saying? More agp memory will give you more fps if the card needs more memory? In theory it's better than having to use virtual memory but in reality it still don't cut it.

Oh,Memphis and electro may I suggest Aquamark 3 instead of 3dmark 03?
To me it's a bit more forgiving than 3dmark 03 and tests both dx8 and dx9.
It's also more system dependent like 3dmark 01 so you get a better Idea of overall performance.

Last edited:
just wondering weather you need a new fan and heatsink for the gcard as overclocking it will make it get hotter then intended so will i need to purchase a new heatsink and fan unit for my card before i decide to overclock it??

Gm_Daws said:
just wondering weather you need a new fan and heatsink for the gcard as overclocking it will make it get hotter then intended so will i need to purchase a new heatsink and fan unit for my card before i decide to overclock it??

No.The stock cooler will do fine.

thanks for the reply means i can now go home and oc my card carefully lol i used 3dmark 05 and OMG dsnt like this card much does it lol so looks like i will have to get me a new card soon *thinks bout the 6800 ultra* hehe

Last edited:
Gm_Daws said:
thanks for the reply means i can now go home and oc my card carefully lol i used 3dmark 05 and OMG dsnt like this card much does it lol so looks like i will have to get me a new card soon *thinks bout the 6800 ultra* hehe

Lol '05 hates FX cards, a stock 9600xt beats an FX 5950 in that benchie. It's because it forces them to use DX9, and they suck at it.

Dan

Yeah I almost dread 3dmark05. But I have a 5700 Ultra, which im not sure how it compares to a LE but it still oc's very nicely. 370(2d) 550(3d) and 1010 Memory, (a side note, when I see people saying 505mhz memory its because its ddr so the true data rate is half of what it says?)

Personal Best benchmarks
11738 in 3dmark2001se
4105 in 3dmark03

(see profile)

And whoever asked about how Hl2 runs, exceptional! I have no complaints about how it runs. I did drop some settings though for better gameplay compared to looks, because thats a preference to me, but even on the better settings it would run from 40-180 fps depending on what was going on in the game. (another side note, cs:s runs 80+ fps with no problem)

well i must be special or got really luck cuz my Abit Siluro 5200FX is doing 350/500 right now as we speak and no glitchs or anything and i turn around and do EQ and World of warcraft and then go play doom3 and have no problems im getting between 50-75 fps in d3 and my 3d marks arnt that bad either just a hair shy of 3k sitting at 2994

Good job on the scores guys.

I have a 5700 ultra..... yeah 3dmark2005 hates this card but its still plays games good.

I get 15742 on 2001se
and
5065 on 2003
877 is the highest on 2005
my set up is

2500XP-M (water cooled)@2500 mhz (24/7) Benchable@2656
1gig HyperX @ 2,2,2,5_166FSB
Ultra running @ 550/1.05

I like trying to get the most bang for the buck.

hehe well i clocked mine cant remember what i oc'd it too but well runs better :D yea i ran 3dmark 05 (aint got older versions) and got a vast improvement from 349 stock too 501 oc'd so i am stocked

i have a BFG GeForce FX 5700 OC which in its self aint that bad
FX 5700 SPECS
im running on:
AMD XP 3000+
768MB DDR333
FX5700 OC *
(the rest is crap)
BTW im on AGP4X which i know is crap and saving to get a AMD 64 3400+ (Scoket 939) and an extra 2 gig ram

does any one of u know how to overclock the card i got Iin terms of memory i tried to use the nvidia coolbits to go higher than 500MHz and i think the fastest i can get is 520MHz, i got ramsinks on the memory and my system is cool enough on the inside wit my loads of fans

* = running on 500mhz due to my 6 case fans on the computer keeping the insides nice and cool

any help wit this would be greatly recieved

Back