• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5820K vs 5930K - Gaming performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He mentioned..
but the bios was the worst i have ever used. It was unstable, horrible to use, but yes, I do like the design, trust me, i do.

I was 6Ghz+ on that board too...

Me too man... me too. Everything was right there since their Click BIOS II. I reviewed that board even, LOL!

Now.. Command Center is another story. That is notoriously buggy...

EDIT: Peirre have you looked at my MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC review on the front page and its bios? They are incredibly similar... ;)

EDIT2: Here is a review of the SLI which includes pix of the bios: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2014/09/09/x99-motherboard-group-test-asrock-asus-e/5
It's clear and is perhaps the most easy to use of all the EFI's on test, at least as far as mainstream overclocking goes.

Last edited:
Im sorry guys, you cant talk me into MSI, its gonna have to be free before i even consider MSI again.

I am sure they are great for those who like them, but that said, som people like BMW's other like Mercedes. I have honestly made up my mind to stick with this Asus board, if all fails, and it need a return, then I may consider the MSI boards.

EDIT: If its correct, then its the PEX8747 PLX chips, that brings us to max latency of 100ns.

Last edited:
I spent all weekend playing BF4, and this seems to have given me back some sense of what the heck im doing here.

I have cancelled the X99 WS board, it just seems like its a problematic board.

I took a look at the MSI X99S SLI, its all black and so on, but its not high end enough for me, im scared i've gotten some illness from using ROG boards.

So, I look at the MSI Xpower, i hate the yellow more then anything on this board, but what i found interesting is they provide a "delid" mount.

So to bring this thread back to CPU's, i though there was to be no delid on these cpus? or am i missing somthing?

It is possible to delid with using solder... though you can kill things as you have seen. It is not recommended.

Right. Looks like a feature I would never need anyway.

Opening the door to all boards, made this even worse and harder to pick a board.

Its really not that hard...though. don't make it that way. What are you waffling on now? I "LOL" at the SLI not being good enough. Ask Woomack about his experiences with it. I think he even took it sub ambient. If its good enough for that, its good enough to sit in your case. ;)

Its really not that hard...though. don't make it that way. What are you waffling on now? I "LOL" at the SLI not being good enough. Ask Woomack about his experiences with it. I think he even took it sub ambient. If its good enough for that, its good enough to sit in your case. ;)

I want a board that i can go quad-fire with, if i got the chance. Limiting myself to 3 cards just annoys me.

I can find loads of boards thay i dont mind, apart from the one thing, they are stuffed with Red, or Yellow or orange everywhere. Im going all out black. I'll prolly end ups with the X99S.. I just wish it wasnt MSI. I am so scared i'll end up with the same issues i have with the Z77 Mpower. Stupid pointless LEDs on the board i cant turn off and a bios i may turnout to dislike due to past hatred.

But the X99S is dirt cheap, i will admit, and i loooove the look of it being all black, but i cant help at wonder at what im losing? The ethernet card card? The onboard sound?
Coming from Asus Maximus card, im scared i'll feel the difference.

Why don't you look at the specs for each board, in detail, and see what you're not getting??

Edit: Did you ever consider the Maximus series is overpriced, and not at all tailored toward your uses (read: it's meant for sub-ambient benchmarking), so any other board will seem "cheap"?

Last edited:
Are you going to notice the ethernet if its Intel or Killer NIC (both top notch)?

Can't you buy a sound card if you are not happy with it (doubtful)?

Why don't you look at the specs for each board, in detail, and see what you're not getting??

Edit: Did you ever consider the Maximus series is overpriced, and not at all tailored toward your uses (read: it's meant for sub-ambient benchmarking), so any other board will seem "cheap"?

Thats the thing, are they overpriced? As claimed many times before, you get a butt load of support and bios updates compared to other boards?

I understand that they price it higher, but i do think theres a reason, unlike Apple products.

Are you going to notice the ethernet if its Intel or Killer NIC (both top notch)?

Can't you buy a sound card if you are not happy with it (doubtful)?

You tell me? Will I notice on latency when playing BF4?

I use an amp to run my sound system, so maybe you are right, i wouldnt notice. I been spoiled by ROG boards.

Thats the thing, are they overpriced? As claimed many times before, you get a butt load of support and bios updates compared to other boards?

I understand that they price it higher, but i do think theres a reason, unlike Apple products.

You tell me? Will I notice on latency when playing BF4?

I use an amp to run my sound system, so maybe you are right, i wouldnt notice. I been spoiled by ROG boards.

Yes, they are. That's why I said it.
If you really want a "butt load of support" go buy an EVGA motherboard.

Know what that reason is? E-peen.

What do you mean more latency? We're talking about two top notch LAN chips.
It's not like it's some ten year old 10Mbps Ethernet port on a "cheap" board.
Some people prefer Killer, some prefer Intel. I have never seen a difference.

The MSI uses the ALC892 audio chip, tried and true.

You have both made your points now, i shall buy the X99S and hold you both responsible if it doesnt live up to what want :p :D

It is about your only choice honestly. And it stupid proofs you from going quad SLI for no reason. :p

Back