• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5900x / Dark Hero : Need help to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doesn't really matter which you use. PBO will preserve the max boost for lighter loads like gaming. What I'm trying to get across is the need for proper stability and preventing Windows corruption/crashes.

Well with the manual i'm stuck at 4.6, but am I really missing out for gaming knowing i'm playing at 3840x1600 with a 3090 ?

If all you're doing is gaming at high resolution with a 3090 just leave the CPU at stock it isn't going to make much of a difference FPS wise and there's no need for stability testing.
Since that seems to be something you're choosing to ignore in my posts we'll just skip it.

Hi

i've been using those settings on my 5900x / Dark Hero Motherboard :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nzFeGHe8WR62FpJnV0cOSLAIzNcG7HWm?usp=sharing

I use PBO curve with -15/30,

I still don't get why my idle temps when using normal power plan more are above 50c when lots of people with same system / Aio are having around 40c idle

I'm using an alternative power plan (ryzen sz v4) which lower my temps around 35c but i'm not sure it makes the whole thing stable.

My gaming temps are fine though, around 60c but i'm not comfortable with those idle temps.

Also i've noticed that the vcore while gaming stays quite high even if the temps are not bad at all, around 1.4, is this normal?

Thanks

Please host the images here so we can see them (do this in advanced reply).

Seems pretty normal to me, the load temps. Load voltage seems normal too.

Is there any load on idle? 50C seems quite warm. What is your ambient/room temp?

My load temps are fine indeed, i was concerned about idle one.

When using the custom power plan, i go down to 35c max but with the default windows, it's above 50 with 23c ambiant and nothing running.

i don't understand why, with this power plan it's all good though but i don't know what is wrong in my settings

Also is 1.45v ok when gaming?

1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

When using the custom power plan, i go down to 35c max but with the default windows, it's above 50 with 23c ambiant and nothing running.

i don't understand why, with this power plan it's all good though but i don't know what is wrong in my settings
Me either. You need to figure out the difference between the default balanced plan and your custom plan. We wouldn't know what you switched. Please report back when you find out!

As I already said in the post above, 1.45V is normal/fine for load/gaming. Your temps are OK, so, zero issues.

It's a power plan I've downloaded so i wouldn't know how it works but I guess I could always switch to normal mode when gaming to be sure I'm not losing performances I've installed a power plan switch from task bar.

And are my settings seems good to you? I've hit 23500/ 1620 on r23 with 70c max

You would need to compare one by one to find out the difference....................it may take a bit of effort on your part. ;)

Settings are fine. Enjoy your PC!

Well i haven't found what can cause it its weird

Actually on normal mode it's sitting at 40c and spikes at 50/55c for nothing

With the other power plan it goes from 33 to 40

Not sure what normal mode means.... in Windows power plans there's (typically) Power Saver, Balanced, High Performance plans, and with AMD an AMD balanced plan.

I'd put it it on AMD balanced so it throttles at idle and leave it alone. ;)

Sorry balanced yes

I don't have amd balanced plan. I've reinstalled the chipset driver but it still don't show up... Any idea why?

The drivers you seek are no longer needed. This is Zen 3 man, it does it on its own :D

I would hazard a guess your temps are related to your TIM, AIO, or both. And if you are a quiet freak, then lack of airflow?

Either way with an air cooler mine will down in the high 20s low 30s.

Back