• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5950x incoming....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I have had my Corsair iCUE H150i Capllex Elite AIO water cooler installed for 3 days now. I used the TIM that was factory applied on the block from Corsair. I have a new tube of Cunductonaut here ready for later. I have seen idle temps of 36c and load temps of 73c. Nothing higher than 73c. I returned the MSI 360R. I am happy with these temps but will apply the liquid Grizzly at a later time.

Here is a quote from a recent PCGamer article..."Robert Hallock, director of technical marketing at AMD...."Yes. I want to be clear with everyone that AMD views temps up to 90C (5800X/5900X/5950X) and 95C (5600X) as typical and by design for full load conditions. Having a higher maximum temperature supported by the silicon and firmware allows the CPU to pursue higher and longer boost performance before the algorithm pulls back for thermal reasons," Hallock said"

So, very impressive EarthDog that you have your 5950x at 30c on idle?

*edit...I have seen a couple cores at 5,050Mhz, with most of the others at 4,500. Never seen them all at those speeds though.

That's a nice setup you have there Krag. And I'm glad to see SuperNade, haven't seen him in years.

Thanks broseph! Yeah bro Nades! I would love to sit thru one of his lectures

Back