• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 5900x high voltages ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oates

Hi i built a new computer a couple days ago and chose to go AMD , was hoping for a 5950x but could only find a 5900x , anyway after a headache of having to update the bios on my asus rog strix x570 to get it to boot i noticed it idles around 1-1.4v is this normal for this processor or is my bios over volting it, thanks .

on idle its usually 1.1v but will spike to 1.4 randomly for a second, while playing warzone its at 1.4 to 1.45 constantly and thanks for the replys

That's not bad, does it drop to under 1.1v at all? Here is a typical day in the life.. I just rebooted a little while ago and haven't really done anything with it.

1.PNG

the lowest ive seen it drop to is around 0.5v, thanks for the replys im not as worried now lol

Now that you said 0.5V (you said 1V/1.1V earlier), absolutely normal. Enjoy your new rig!

Back