• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5GHZ!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would be surprised if it will pass two plus hours of Prime95 blend, our minimal standard for declaring stability.

You guys are a real piece of work. A fairly new member is jazzed about getting his system to boot into Windows at 5Ghz and all you can do is talk between yourselves about his system not being stable or meeting your standards for declaring stability?? Just what did you use to reach this judgment? did you ask him any questions about his system? NO!
Did you give him any level of props for reaching 5Hz? Hell NO!
You have my permission to state that my system doesn't meet your standards also cause I don't give a damn what you think about it. Have a nice day !

We(they) asked if it was stable...I dont see judgement passed, just a question asked as normally you do not see such a CPU being stable at such a high clock (though yours is CONGRATS! There is your pat on the ***!). Its not a bad question to ask, IMO.

That said, congrats on hitting 5GHz OP... is it stable or was that just for CPUz (either way is fine! LOL!)?

Doesnt look like its stable.

Last edited:
You guys are a real piece of work. A fairly new member is jazzed about getting his system to boot into Windows at 5Ghz and all you can do is talk between yourselves about his system not being stable or meeting your standards for declaring stability?? Just what did you use to reach this judgment? did you ask him any questions about his system? NO!
You have my permission to state that my system doesn't meet your standards also cause I don't give a damn what you think about it. Have a nice day !
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed did we? No one put down his achievement Oldbrave. The OP was simply asked if it was stress tested, I stated I would bet it wouldn't pass 2 hours prime at 1.50. Does that mean we were bashing his system or overclock? I guess in your eyes it did, so if what I said was perceived as this I apologize, it wasn't the intention. I only stated what I said because I would be surprised to see a 5.0 OC stable with so little V Core on that cpu. Is it possible, I'm sure it is but it would still surprise me. It would be nice if the OP would reply back so we could see if it was a "stable" OC or just a 5.0 boot. which is any case is a nice O/C.

Tell you what: I'll give him props when I see his 5ghz prime stable. Booting into windows to get a screen shot is NOT considered stable.

I will give him a High Five for reaching 5ghz and taking the screenie.

Well, the OP could just be bating us, too. I wonder if that's the case since we haven't heard back from him since his original post.

And oldbrave, your point about our manner may have some merit but I ask you to also consider the fact that several contributors to this post have spent many hours patiently helping others with their computer/overclocking problems. And if the OP had responded in a timely manner, what you consider to be our snippy, unfriendly replies would probably never have occurred because he would have headed off our assumptions with more info. Then we could have provided him with some guidance instead of indulging in critical speculation.

Tell you what: I'll give him props when I see his 5ghz prime stable. Booting into windows to get a screen shot is NOT considered stable.

I will give him a High Five for reaching 5ghz and taking the screenie.

+1

OP never came back .... His 5ghz CPU exploded in his face and he died ?

His rig is 4.6GHz stable on air (NHD14).
He has a nice board and might be a able to achieve a 5GHz stable with a custom loop.
But, as stated in some other thread, time for him to work on his GPUs to improve gaming perf...

Last edited:
After all this is a forum and what is seen or understood from text writing is often marginal at best it seems. We have all seen a few of the one post cpu validations and normally that is all we get. Who knows that any will ever see anything else regarding the first post.

I say just let it lie sleeping and not get up in arms and taking of sides. It is certainly not worth it.

I say Congrats to all 5.0Ghz speeds and admirably so if stable and I give a well-deserved pat on the back and thank you to those that day in and day out deal with posters asking in general the same questions over and over. That is admirable.
RGone...

I has a question: pat on the back for booting into windows and validating @ 5.0? Should that be difficult? And if one does get a validation off @ 5.0 should that be considered optimistic as to what the chip will do?

I don't think it would be that difficult if you are willing to take the risk of jacking the vcore up pretty high, I mean like 1.6+

Everyone has offered up some good points. I don't think the first few posts are that bad when you consider the context, i.e. it is quite difficult to get this FX processor to overclock reliably to that point.

In fact we could go around and challenge many of the 5-6-7ghz overclocks posted online and we would likely find some of them to be unstable. So what? It's about speed vs. stability at some point, everyone has to admit to that. There are other reasons that people go out and try to break records and gigahertz barriers. Its a challenge, a learning experience and it can be very entertaining. There is a lot more to overclocking as a whole than to simply pass a stability test at the end and get the forums mark of approval.

I am clocking 'er now on water...

5.5GHZ!!! AMD FX-6300.

attachment.php

Back