• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

600 Watt PC P&C AT PSU on ebay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ugh, 2 hours left and i need to go to bed, oh well.
the real question- can an AT PSU be used for an ATX machine?

I'll bid up to $50 on it, but I'm not sure that he'll let it go for that.

I don't care if it's AT, look at the amperage ratings on those voltage rails! I'll happily convert it to ATX.

:D

so it's possible to convert an AT supply to ATX? and that would have been an excellent buy for me...

Last edited:
TekXoID said:
I'll bid up to $50 on it, but I'm not sure that he'll let it go for that.

I don't care if it's AT, look at the amperage ratings on those voltage rails! I'll happily convert it to ATX.

:D
Holy $@*@~!!!! This has got to be the deal of the century!

That's just incredible. Now maybe we can find one of the 650w psu's Alienware is putting in their dual-cpu, dual vpu alx.

Well, if you wanted to convert it, it would be okay, but notice that most of the power is on the 5v rail, when what you really need now is on the 12v rail.

They have been selling these for a while.. In fact there is another for sale right now.. I just never bought one becuase a. It's not ATX.. never thought you could covert it. b. it doesn't have that four plug 12v line c. Power on the 12v isn't that great d. It's friggin HUGE, e. only 5 molex connectors?

That power supply is wider than my case :D

TekXoID said:
He just got it sent out to me today, it's legit. Thanks for the deal Tom.

- Tom :D
shwelcome, just tell me how the conversion goes and how it performs., maybe ill grab the next one for $10 :D

J So said:
They have been selling these for a while.. In fact there is another for sale right now.. I just never bought one becuase a. It's not ATX.. never thought you could covert it. b. it doesn't have that four plug 12v line c. Power on the 12v isn't that great d. It's friggin HUGE, e. only 5 molex connectors?

That power supply is wider than my case :D

I just bought the other one. I can't wait to check this thing out. :D

okay, im sniping it, i hope i can convert it to atx, if not, ill just sell it again lol

hmm, i just noticed, the specs dont list a -5 voltage...i wonder if ill have to split the power with another PSU for the -5v line. it also has a low +5VSB amp rating...does that make that much of a difference?

Last edited:
hmm, the more i think about it, the more i think ill just get a fortron 530...i think i wont take this. it's huge, the converstion would be tricky, and even though the brand name is trusted, im a bit wary of this...
if you guys who got this get good results, i may opt for the next one (if there is one)

The -5 you can probably live without, but with the low 5vsb I would consider disabling all keyboard/usb/mouse power on options. Not sure how much power those draw to begin with, but better safe than sorry ;)

Back