• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

600 Watt PC P&C AT PSU on ebay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
he he ... interesting read this thread

Here's a page with both 20 & 24 pin layout that should help.
http://www.highpowersupply.com/product-ac-2024.htm

Just a glance compared to the list above^ and & you can tell the
layout isn't standard. All you should have to do is take out the wires
from the connector and rearange them.

Hope those puppies work out. ... what a deal!

edit: ..................................

How about this?

1 Gray - - (change to ORANGE = 3.3v)
2 Gray - - (change to ORANGE = 3.3v)
3 Black
4 Red
5 Black
6 Red
7 Black
8 Orange - - (change to GRAY = PWR_OK)
9 Purple
10 Yellow
11 Gray - - (change to ORANGE = 3.3v)
12 Blue
13 Black
14 Green
15 Black
16 Black
17 Black
18 (Empty no wire) - - (Change to WHITE = PS_ON)
19 Red
20 Red

Last edited:
"KSHHKHH...attention shoppers, today in aisle 5 we will be having a 99 cent dual 400 watt PSU sale..."

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
"KSHHKHH...attention shoppers, today in aisle 5 we will be having a 99 cent dual 400 watt PSU sale..."

ROFL Tom was PMing me . "EC do you think I should get it?" "Hell yeah" I told him "Buy it." "If you don't I will."

"OK I'm going to bid on it but don't tell anyone about it."

ROFLMAO That is one hell of a deal Tom. I was telling my friends about it.

They were all like damn man you could have told us about it.

I told them I couldn't because a friend asked me not too ;)

The shipping is killer, though. Still a great deal.

Electron Chaser said:
ROFL Tom was PMing me . "EC do you think I should get it?" "Hell yeah" I told him "Buy it." "If you don't I will."

"OK I'm going to bid on it but don't tell anyone about it."

ROFLMAO That is one hell of a deal Tom. I was telling my friends about it.

They were all like damn man you could have told us about it.

I told them I couldn't because a friend asked me not too ;)

he he ... lol ... cat's out of the bag now! :santa:

I spoke with PC Power & Cooling Today. They sent me a pinout for the PSU. It was originally made for a Sun Microsytems Computer. The Pinout is very different. I will post a link to it later. When I get home.

WOOOT!!! i got the SPI 2x400 unit today! IT WORKS!!! i checked prices for it online...came out to $330!!! i got it almost new for $19! im playing with it now, cool unit :D ill make a thread about it later, got some nice pics...
the thing is, it's modular, so i dont think i can use the units as seperate PSU's, but the combined output and stability (it has 2x ATX connectors, 2x ATX 12v connectors, 4 seperate 4pin molex lines, an auxilary line, and some LED's) should be enough. both units are full 400's, though, so i might want to make them independent somehow...more later

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
WOOOT!!! i got the SPI 2x400 unit today! IT WORKS!!! i checked prices for it online...came out to $330!!! i got it almost new for $19! im playing with it now, cool unit :D ill make a thread about it later, got some nice pics...
the thing is, it's modular, so i dont think i can use the units as seperate PSU's, but the combined output and stability (it has 2x ATX connectors, 2x ATX 12v connectors, 4 seperate 4pin molex lines, an auxilary line, and some LED's) should be enough. both units are full 400's, though, so i might want to make them independent somehow...more later

Awesome!!!!! Tom, Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Update,

This is a WTX Power Supply. (No not a typing error)
I have isolated it down to the sense lines. I just need to supply a minimum of 1A load to each of the 3.3V and 5V sense lines. Which means a resistor from pins 9 to 11 for 3.3VDC and 21 to 23 on the 5V lines. The good thing is that they are in fact there and if the PSU ever decides to flake out it will turn itself off. So all I have left to do is get the resistors I need and I should be ready to go.

WOOOT!!!! It lives!!!! I found some parts I could use. I had to hook up 2 hard drives and some resistors as stated above.

The voltages are as follows

+12V 12.16
+5V 5.23
+3.3V 3.42

So with that said. I got myself one majorly kick butt PSU for a song plus shipping.
Thank You Tom for the heads up on the PSU. Have fun with your new dual redundant setup.

i got it running, and at first it was struggling a bit...so i popped them open, found the VR's, and tweaked to the max, now my +12 reads about +12.67 average :D, these units are very very nice, and well made inside. now i need to play with higher vcores :) and do a little burning in, i already posted at 3ghz :D

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
i got it running, and at first it was struggling a bit...so i popped them open, found the VR's, and tweaked to the max, now my +12 reads about +12.67 average :D, these units are very very nice, and well made inside. now i need to play with higher vcores :) and do a little burning in, i already posted at 3ghz :D

That is excellent AT!!! Congrats Bro!!! :clap:

I bought one of these on ebay and it arrived today. It weighs 8 pounds and I am going to have to make a special case for it. Anyways, I really don't understand what to do in order to make this thing work in a standard pc so if you guys could clarify what you did that would be appreciated.

Back