• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

600 Watt PC P&C AT PSU on ebay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
btw guys, the 600w rating is very optimistic, my enermax 350 watt has 26 amps on the 12v, that 600w has 25?!!. Then again, for 10-20$ you cant go wrong. Just don't be comparing this with an Antec True Power 550W or anything.

sami_la said:
btw guys, the 600w rating is very optimistic, my enermax 350 watt has 26 amps on the 12v, that 600w has 25?!!. Then again, for 10-20$ you cant go wrong. Just don't be comparing this with an Antec True Power 550W or anything.
umm, PC Power & Cooling is one of the best PSU makes, considered the best by some. only problem is, these are AT and probably a bit old. if it works, then id bet it would best any Antec.

TekXoID said:
Mine was DOA. Bah! :bang head

That really sucks sorry to here that TekxoID, but a great thing about an AT power supply especially the older ones. Is they are pretty easy to resurrect from the dead since most of the parts you can buy from any electronic store. I plan on tweaking mine and just make one big 12V PSU out of it. I figure that could power a few peltiers with it no sweat.

$25 bucks with shipping is cheap for a PCP&C PSU even if it is an older model. Hard to beat a 1% tolerance for that money.

Electron Chaser said:
That really sucks sorry to here that TekxoID, but a great thing about an AT power supply especially the older ones. Is they are pretty easy to resurrect from the dead since most of the parts you can buy from any electronic store. I plan on tweaking mine and just make one big 12V PSU out of it. I figure that could power a few peltiers with it no sweat.

$25 bucks with shipping is cheap for a PCP&C PSU even if it is an older model. Hard to beat a 1% tolerance for that money.

I still don't see why you think this is an AT...it has 12v, 5v, and 3.3v

greenman100 said:
I still don't see why you think this is an AT...it has 12v, 5v, and 3.3v

LOL yes it does 50A worth. See what I get for reading these posts. ROFL :D It will be much better when I actually get it in my hands. AT/ATX no matter you can still fix it. LOL

The whole PCB looks like it was was either on fire or thrown in a volcano. Leaky capacitors anyone?
I'm not leaving feedback on this guy at all.

TekXoID said:
The whole PCB looks like it was was either on fire or thrown in a volcano. Leaky capacitors anyone?
I'm not leaving feedback on this guy at all.

That sucks send it back and have him send you another one. Obviously he has more.

and I thought this would be nice to power some TEC module with that amperage...

I got my PSU today. Finally! It came packaged, still sealed and never opened in the original Box. With all the cables still sealed in their original Packaging. It has the 600watts Box checked on the side of the Box as well as the Custom Box checked as well. Giving a quick look on the cable configuration it looks like it may go to an Alpha chip or something similar. I will have to do some investigative troubleshooting to figure the wiring out since no pinout came with the PSU and when I called PC Power & Cooling the woman I spoke to couldn't help me. I may have to talk directly to engineering next time. Anyways It does power up but only for a second or so it is obviously looking for a return signal. I will post pics later.

Tekoid I hope you are having better luck and you are getting yours replaced.

Here are a few pics of the PSU side by side with a standard size ATX PSU.

PCPnC1.JPG

PCPnC2.JPG

PCPnC4.JPG

PCPnC5.JPG

PCPnC7.JPG

And a Pic of the Box it came in.

PCPnC8.JPG

Well I gotta new toy to play with so I'm gonna go see if I can figure out how to make it play nice with a standard ATX MB.

secretweapon said:
hmm that's the standard PSU layout for the the old AT server PSUs with large towers.

Check out the Pinout on the 2 Connectors one is 20 Pin and the other is 24. This doesn't look like any AT PSU I have ever used. This should be lots of fun to figure out.

PCPnC9.JPG

PCPnC10.JPG

Can you list the pin layout? I see colors that are all standard in atx, so it should be possible to figure it out.

I will be back in about a half hour with what I can figure out.

man_utd said:
Can you list the pin layout? I see colors that are all standard in atx, so it should be possible to figure it out.

I will be back in about a half hour with what I can figure out.

Absoulutely on the 20 Pin Connector the pinout is as follows

1 Gray
2 Gray
3 Black
4 Red
5 Black
6 Red
7 Black
8 Orange
9 Purple
10 Yellow
11 Gray