• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600 vs 9800pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For the GT, its only like 25bucks more or whatnot. Not really worth missin out on that if ur chipping out 200bucks for a gpu anyways, better make it good.
but of course, i wouldnt buy a 6800 because like all stuff, that will be half price in a years time and then id be sad. i would only buy mid range gpu's as the new ones just go out of the run in a years time and the price is dropped to a nice price to buy for the average gamer.

Hell, I'll swap you my 9800XT for a 6600GT. The 9800pro's are nice, but my 9800xt dosent touch my 6800NU. I know they arent the same card, but from what I have read the 6600GT when overclocked is about the same as a 6800NU. I think the 6600GT would be a great middle range gaming card.

the 6600 is only PCI express. The 6600GT is AGP and PCIE. The 6800NU is about 1-3 FPS avg better than the 6600gt,however has the chance to unlock/softmod.

couple months = heathly price drop in all card lineup's except for the 6800 ultra's and gt's... they will drop but not a huge difference..

Back