• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900gs water cooling gon bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

core2due

My little water cooler for my vid card started to beep because the water was low so i kicked it onto it's side and it stoped beeping and i thought it was still pumping water.But it really wasn't it got so hot that after 15min that my screen whent black I heard a pop and water started to leak out of the block and steam was coming out the back of my pc. It didn't ruin the vid card I thought it would have. It is vmoded to 1.55v so it got crazzy hot.:attn:

no..... this is what you get for doing exactly the opposite of what we told you to do and buying a cheap kit :p Ive had my video card watercooled for the last 3 years and havent had a problem yet. hell, im running the same tubing and hoseclamps with coolant for the last 14 months =O.

you are very very lucky man. you had a zalman didnt you? slap that puppy on there and drop her to 1.4v. there isnt much different from 650 - 720 anyway =0

No i never had a zalmem.The water cooler works good i was just to lazy to fill it up.The only bad thing about it was it evaporates water over time.It would of died but i was only on the internet.That would of ben the second 7900gs and that would relly suck.:eek:

Back