• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900GT temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RocketChild

Registered
What are the normal temps of an idle 7900GT card? I am running idle about 46 degrees Celsius. Does that seem high? Under load, it is about 60C.

thats nothing

my 7900 gt ko supperclocked runs at 51 idle and around 70-90 on a load depending on what game i play.

eesh! Does your case have adequate airflow for your card? I remember my stock 7900GT KO only hitting 55c or so load in the summer, idling around 45c. I know you can get a Arctic Silencer 5 for the 7900GT and just cut off some of the end ducting to suit your card.

WonderingSoul said:
eesh! Does your case have adequate airflow for your card? I remember my stock 7900GT KO only hitting 55c or so load in the summer, idling around 45c. I know you can get a Arctic Silencer 5 for the 7900GT and just cut off some of the end ducting to suit your card.

yeah i have alot of air flow in my comp. theres a 120mm fan that blows right on the hole card.

the card just gets hot. at stock clockings it would sometimes idle at 49 and stay wound the 70's on loads.

right now its usally a high of 84 or soo on a load like fear. fear makes my card HOTT. bf2 and ccs dont really.

im thinking about watercooling just my gpu. my cpu is really nice and cool with my artic cooling heatseek and fan :)

Yah I was surprised at how cool my xfx 7900gt ran (albeit I had the low clocked one) I grabbed a zlaman cooler cuz stock was tool oud for me... I dont think I broached 50C load wit hthat... even clocked to 530/800

Yeah, I get decent air flow...could always be better. Just was wondering because it looks like the GPU is going bad and I was wondering if it was over heating. I am not doing any OCing on it. When I am in BF, I jump out and my load temp is 55C, but I get strange render issues.

Now, I had heard that with the first release of the 7900GTs, EVGA was recalling/replacing the fans because they under-compensated with the new core size vs. heat. And I think I got one of the first batch.

But if those temps are fine, 46 idle & 55 load, then it might be something else.

RocketChild said:
Yeah, I get decent air flow...could always be better. Just was wondering because it looks like the GPU is going bad and I was wondering if it was over heating. I am not doing any OCing on it. When I am in BF, I jump out and my load temp is 55C, but I get strange render issues.

Now, I had heard that with the first release of the 7900GTs, EVGA was recalling/replacing the fans because they under-compensated with the new core size vs. heat. And I think I got one of the first batch.

But if those temps are fine, 46 idle & 55 load, then it might be something else.

well even after the fan issue that were ALOT of problems with alot of the 7900 gt gpu's them self.

alot of them had ALOT of artifacting problems. lucky i got one that LOVES overclocking and dosent even artificat at all even at how hot mine gets :)

Personally if you can live without a card or have a backup RMA that card. Something doesn't seem right. Or just get a better cooler. Liquid isn't worth the price unless you plan on a volt mod. The extra performance isn't worth the price.

i have a 7900gt KO oced to 650/1600, it sits idle (2d mode 420/1320) at around 38 C, and full load it hits 65 sometimes. I have a vf900 on it too though

bmx said:
i have a 7900gt KO oced to 650/1600, it sits idle (2d mode 420/1320) at around 38 C, and full load it hits 65 sometimes. I have a vf900 on it too though

how is that vf900 ???

i may get one :)

idels at 46c clocked at 570-822 (thanx to Wonderindsoul) under load 51c..i want to go higher but 822 is the max it lets me go?

I have a VF700CU on my 7900GT KO. Works fine. Card is currently at 580/1740. Idles at roughly 38C and hits maybe 57-58C under gaming load. Not volt modded, but it will be as soon I stop being lazy.

when i boughtthe card the specs said it was clocked @ 470-1350 but when i overclocked it it was 470-650 andi clocked it to 570-822 using coolbits i think(guru3d) why is my max mem clock going till 822 only.is there a way to take this higher..?

{DvT}J.D.M_eg6 said:
when i boughtthe card the specs said it was clocked @ 470-1350 but when i overclocked it it was 470-650 andi clocked it to 570-822 using coolbits i think(guru3d) why is my max mem clock going till 822 only.is there a way to take this higher..?

570-822 = 570-1644

If stock specs are 470-1350 under coolbits it should show as 470-675
Its DDR ram so times it by 2

{DvT}J.D.M_eg6 said:

Can take it higher if you volt mod, but I really don't recommend it unless you plan on some extreme cooling. IMHO it isn't really worth it, the money you spend on a decent cooler you can put away for a new card or a better upgrade, unless the cooler you get it "future-proof" and will be compatable with cards coming in later on.

Here is the official 7900GT volt mod thread by {PMS}fishy

Back