• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7950's just jumped in price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I noticed that too...I just bought a 2nd one to crossfire. When I started looking I saw the one I got for 199. So I waited and when I went to buy, it shot up to 280. Then after I paid, I noticed it went up to $344.

I see 8 different 7950s between 190 and 240... Some are showing a higher price but a lot in the same area.

Such BS man! I was going to buy a XFX DD 7950 in a few days. Sure as hell not now:temper:. I bet it has to do with the R9 series and the holidays coming. Gonna milk the heck out of people looking for new hardware.

I think it is normal. When I was shopping for my 7950 a few months ago I noticed the same thing at newegg. One week XFX would be ~200 and saphire/asus/gigabyte would be ~270. Next week Saphire would be ~200 and xfx/asus/gigabyte would be ~270. Following week it was gigabytes turn at ~200.

If you want XFX just wait a few weeks and it will be the weekly sale card again or buy whatever brand is on sale this week.

The difference this morning is the lowest priced 7950 available is $250 after rebate.
There are a few others listed for less after rebate, but none are in stock.
For the last month, there have been at least two or three 7950 models under $200AR and in stock.

I just noticed this as well. I bought one about 3 weeks ago for $180 after rebate. Guess I'll be waiting a little longer to CF...

Yep, same here on nVidia harware: 780 was selling for €550 till yesterday. Now it's €580 minimum!

The difference this morning is the lowest priced 7950 available is $250 after rebate.
There are a few others listed for less after rebate, but none are in stock.
For the last month, there have been at least two or three 7950 models under $200AR and in stock.

When I posted last night the MSI 3GD5 was $180 but I see today it is over $250. I would bet there will be one for ~200 again in a day or two. The problem now is when they go out of stock they might not get anymore since the R9s are out.

I just picked up a 7970 for 249(included 30$ rebate) and that EXACT same card is now 369 including rebate!

Must have picked it up just in time

Damn this sucks, I was thinking about getting a 2nd one..

I hope no one bought the VaporX 7950(boost) w/ dual 8pin's. That card is beyond screwed with overclocking.

Yep, same here on nVidia harware: 780 was selling for €550 till yesterday. Now it's €580 minimum!

Prehaps the currency got trashed another time...

Just think how "discounted" they'll be on Black Friday! lol

Just to ensure you, those sort of stuff is US only. Its kind of a US mentality "hunting down events", i find it kinda funny.

US based site Ivy with predominantly US users... no surprise we are looking for deals on what is the 'biggest shopping day of the year'. :salute:

Just to ensure you, those sort of stuff is US only. Its kind of a US mentality "hunting down events", i find it kinda funny.

I don't understand any of that...so I'm gonna take it as a compliment. 'Merica!

Back