• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tungureanu

(Russian) Member
hello ppl. i kind of want to get the new 8350 to replace my 8150. can some1 give me one very good reason why i should replace 8150, are the performance gains worth the 250$ they are asking for it here in Romania?:shrug:

Thats very situational. Do you do anything that will actually benefit from the gains? If you encode video alot, or do alot of CPU intense computing then yes its probably worth it. If your a casual gamer the only reason to upgrade would be so you can say you've got the latest stuff. I have an 8120 and should be receiving my 8320 tomorrow but I also push my CPU to 100% ~6 hours a day so the small gains will make a difference in my work load.

the thing is, this rig has to go for 3 years before i do a major upgrade again , and because i have some leftover cash , i thought the 8350 can serve my needs for 3 years( gaming , general multitasking, folding , etc), and there is that the first gen fx is kind of a power hog, and room heater. maybe 8350 @4.4 will run cooler and put less strain on the VRMs.

EDIT

or put the money towards a better video card and an SSD ?

END EDIT

If you dont already have a SSD I would highly recommend putting the money towards that.

Yes it makes that much difference, its really hard to explain. Ill put it this way I have never converted someone to SSD and had them want to build another rig without one.

ok. i will buy an ssd . but wich one from the following:
intel 330 Series, 60GB, SATA 3
OCZ Agility 4Series, 64GB, SATA 3
Mushkin Chronos, 60GB, SATA 3
OCZ Vertex 3 Series, 60GB, SATA 3
?????????
spare money will go towards more ram

Just thinking...

I am getting these prices from NewEgg in the Usa. I have no idea where you can buy from or your pricing structure. I am taking into account the fact that an 8350 should cost about $200 Usd.

OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

After a few years of 60G size usage of an SSD, I am tired of its' limited size. With the reduction in SSD prices, there is really no way I would buy a 60gig SSD.

At Usa prices that is about $100 of your 'not-purchased' FX-8350, so there is roughly $100 Usd left to go toward ram.

G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C10D-16GAB >> About $85.00 Usd.

That ram is 2x8gig in size and has is Low-Profile so it does n0t interfere with any air-cooled cpu cooler and I have the 2x4 gig sized set and it works very well even if the ram is asked to go to nearly DDR2000. If you sell the ram you have now, the monies left out of the previously proposed $200.00 expenditure for an FX-8350 would actually result in a much less expenditure.

My thoughts. YMMV.

RGone...ster. :chair:

For the ram i will buy the same that i have now ,because of bad exp with mixing brands, as for ssd`s I put the list together in such a manner so i can buy both(here in romania the ssd`s are more expensive. dunno why) But the 8350 is about 230$ here in romania.The ssd you recomended is about 140$ and the ram cannot be found here in ro.
i whould like to know wich manufacturer is generally better intel,ocz or mushkin? I will be using it to run windows and office off it.

For the ram i will buy the same that i have now ,because of bad exp with mixing brands, as for ssd`s I put the list together in such a manner so i can buy both(here in romania the ssd`s are more expensive. dunno why) But the 8350 is about 230$ here in romania.

I did n0t want to Mix/Match ram either so I looked to show the 16gig kit and sell the 8gig kit you had. BUT if you can get the exact same 8 gig kit that you already have, then that should work too.

Back