• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8350 Temps erratic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's it priller and it'll spin up quite high and loud. Poco you can always pull the fan that came with the stock HS and use it. I just used two sided tape to stick it there. And the more air you can get into that case the better. When I had my 8350 in a case I had 300 cfm in and out

I want to mount a couple to the VRM. I found them and ordered 2.

I am just going to have to break down and get a full tower too I think. I have a mid tower and am running out of room quick.

I want to mount a couple to the VRM. I found them and ordered 2.

I am just going to have to break down and get a full tower too I think. I have a mid tower and am running out of room quick.

Yep been there. A good case makes a huge difference in airflow. Stay away from the 200mm fans though you'll get better airflow with more 120/140s Just my opinion anyway.

I thought the Sabertooth board was supposed to have all kinds of temp sensors. If so why does HW monitor only show 2? Is there one for the VRM? That would be helpful.

The proprietary Ai Suite can calculate the VRM temps but Ai Suite has given us with AMD motherboards so much trouble even with making overclock unstable at times, that we don't use it. And it is not a direct temp as I undestand it. Most of us really have no need of all those temps anyway. Fans on VRM and rear of socket if using watercooling and there are no longer in problems for just about all of us.
RGone...

OK. More fans will be here Thursday. I started my OC, but am going to go slow and document everything so temps will not be an issue for a few days.

It is always better to clockup slowly and monitor temps and log the settings in any overclocking expedition. That way you know where you have been when or if you have to clear the CMOS or flash bios or any of such things that beset us.
RGone...ster.

It is always better to clockup slowly and monitor temps and log the settings in any overclocking expedition. That way you know where you have been when or if you have to clear the CMOS or flash bios or any of such things that beset us.
RGone...ster.

So what you are saying is I cant put 1.60 volts and change the multiplier to 27 and have it run......:D

I went all the way back to the very first post of this thread and notice that the most important part of what we need to see has never been shown us. Without the images as outlined below, we have no way to have any idea how the system at your end is adjusting ram and so forth.

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APC, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Actually my original post was just about the erratic temp I was getting at idle. That question was answered. I am going to start a new thread on overclocking this CPU and I will have all the info needed. I learned that on my last overclock :)

Back