• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8350 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only way to get better, is to learn how to do it right and having the gumption to do it.

Indeed. I had no idea what I was doing the first time I pulled out a jig saw to cut my first side panel back when I was 14.

Fan holes are easy, a holesaw is an expensive accessory but absolutely worth it for those kinds of cuts. Mark it and drill, clean up the mess, and presto fan hole.

I prefer using my dremel tool with a good metal disk blade. Find the center of the CPU Socket and mesure out to the edge of the side panel. Once you have the center simply set your fan over this reference point and with a thin maker trace out your cut line from the deepest or outer edge of the the fan. From there it is simply a matter of following your line with the disk and cut out your hole and a bit of filing the edges to get rid of any burs. If your case is black use a permant black marker to paint the edge of the cut.

Back