• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8500gt and a m2n sli deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danbroke

I sold my pops a m2n sli deluxe and he is assembling it as we speak. He has a M2n sli deluxe
4gig ddr2
500watt psu
used 2.2x2 amd cpu
and a nvidea 8500gt 512mb

The problems is that he could not get his video card too work wont put out a singnal too the monitor but the fan runs on it. He brought it over and tested it on mine and works no problems! So i let him used my 8800gt sc knowing it would work but only in the 8x slot as it use too mbe mine rig. And the 8800 works on his 8x only. ideas? He wants me too sell mine my 8800gt! i think borrow! cant better that life time warrenty! I dont know details of his memory or psu.:screwy:

The 8500 gets its power from the pci bus whereas the 8800gt uses a dedicated power connector from the PSU. Is the pci bus not giving enough power to the 8500 on his rig but is on yours? And, the fact that the 8800 will only work in the 8X slot suggests to me something might be wrong with the PCI bus anyway. I also wonder if your dad's psu is adequate and is not supplying correct voltage to the pci bus.

Last edited:
Back