• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTS SLI 3DMark06 Score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vector

I finally broke down and flashed my cards' bioses, and the results are great!
3DMark06: 15381 and that's in Vista64 :attn:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2577565

I didn't think 2 GTS's could get that high in Vista64...
Funny thing about this is that when I bump my shader clocks up one more notch ~1455 vs 1404MHz, my scores actually go down. No artifacts are visible at 1455--just a lower score :shrug:

Last edited:
orb.jpg

update the link please... i would love to look at it :D

Vector said:

Funny thing about this is that when I bump my shader clocks up one more notch ~1455 vs 1404MHz, my scores actually go down. No artifacts are visible at 1455--just a lower score :shrug:

so what did you actually flash the bios's too? what did you acomplish by flashing the bios... just a bump in shader clock? nice score btw.

Sorry, wrong link. I'm editing the original post to display the correct one, but here it is anyway.

Anyway, my original clocks for both the cards were 580/1350/1700 and I edited the BIOSes to 612/1404/1800 (that's what everest shows). But, like I said, for some reason when I bump the shader clocks to 1455MHz (next highest clock), my 3DMark06 score goes down. Don't know what's going on there...I figured the cards would show some graphical glitches if they were pushed too far, but nothing. Temps are in the 70's under load.

Last edited:
why not just clock em up in rivatuner?

with thoes cards you should be able to do like 630/2000 without probs... and watch ur 3dm06 score go up even more! i mean i can clock my e6600 to 3.4ghz and 8800gts to 630/2000 and grab 11091 pts in 3dmark06... and with 2 of the same card your only grabbin 4300more points.. hmm although i dont think they scale linear, i would spect scores to be a lil better.

nd4spdbh2 said:
with thoes cards you should be able to do like 630/2000 without probs... and watch ur 3dm06 score go up even more! i mean i can clock my e6600 to 3.4ghz and 8800gts to 630/2000 and grab 11091 pts in 3dmark06... and with 2 of the same card your only grabbin 4300more points.. hmm although i dont think they scale linear, i would spect scores to be a lil better.

From what I gather, no one is having luck software overclocking their SLI configs in Vista64...not sure about 32-bit. My cards could probably do more, especially on the memory, but that'll come later. Also, you're probably running XP, so you'll have an automatic 1000 points or so over me for that. I'm guessing that my score would be in the 16000's in XP, but I can't confirm that at the moment.

That's a nice 3DMark score you have BTW :clap: Nice OC on the memory.

Vector said:
From what I gather, no one is having luck software overclocking their SLI configs in Vista64...not sure about 32-bit. My cards could probably do more, especially on the memory, but that'll come later. Also, you're probably running XP, so you'll have an automatic 1000 points or so over me for that. I'm guessing that my score would be in the 16000's in XP, but I can't confirm that at the moment.

That's a nice 3DMark score you have BTW :clap: Nice OC on the memory.

lol thnx... and i really havnt even tried pushing it to get every last mhz... like the second day i had it i was like... well lets try 630/2000 and 3.4ghz to see if i can break 10k in 3dmark06... lol i definetly got past that goal! since then shes been down at stock clocks, cus well these things just pwn up everything!

One problem is that vista won't let rivatuner startup with windows... so everything you boot, you have to go through a few steps and allow it to start... well at least in vista x64...

Vector said:

That's a pretty damn good score for 2x 8800GTS! That equals to two 8800GTXs in SLI just about... You saved $300 :D

Mathersalan said:
That's a pretty damn good score for 2x 8800GTS! That equals to two 8800GTXs in SLI just about... You saved $300 :D

Almost...but not quite :beer:
Maybe once I tinker around with them a bit more, they'll will be like 2 GTX's at stock...

I actually got both cards (640MB versions) for about the price of one GTX, so it turned out pretty good. I love Best Buy :D

Last edited:
Running my Q6600 at 2.75GHz, otherwise see sig for details. My 3DMark 2006 score is 13072. I know it's a bit low but I'm running Vista 64, which is still lagging behind XP in performance due to driver issues.
Software overclocking with RivaTuner seems to do nothing for me for benchmarking purposes. Lost Planet runs a little smoother..

systemhost said:
One problem is that vista won't let rivatuner startup with windows... so everything you boot, you have to go through a few steps and allow it to start... well at least in vista x64...

I have Vista 32 and Riva tuner starts up and restores my saved clocks without issue. May just be a 64-bit thing.

Nice man nice. I have couple of questions about your rig actually

A) You clocked your G0 Q6600 at 3.15GHZ, what mobo are you using? is it because you're walled at 350FSB like me? =|
B) When people say 630/2000, do they mean 630/1000, and that the memory is dual pumped, so they call it, 2000?
3) Flashing bios, anyway to up voltage by flashing bios? My watercooled 8800gtx is doing awesome, and the heat is only like 45C under load, I know it can take more, but i think the voltage is holding it down.

treatmentx said:
Nice man nice. I have couple of questions about your rig actually

A) You clocked your G0 Q6600 at 3.15GHZ, what mobo are you using? is it because you're walled at 350FSB like me? =|
B) When people say 630/2000, do they mean 630/1000, and that the memory is dual pumped, so they call it, 2000?
3) Flashing bios, anyway to up voltage by flashing bios? My watercooled 8800gtx is doing awesome, and the heat is only like 45C under load, I know it can take more, but i think the voltage is holding it down.

Sorry I haven't replied back in a while, but I've been out of town.
Anyway, answers.

A: I'm using an EVGA 680i mobo. I haven't gone beyond 3.15 because of my memory. At 1400MHz, I can run the memory in sync mode @ 700MHz 3-4-3 1T timings--which is actually pretty snappy in benchmarks...besides, I would have to bump the voltage more to go higher, and I'm happy with my system right now. Core voltage is 1.25V currently, BTW.

B: People usually go with the higher number, so 2000 would equall 1000 dual pumped. After all, 1800MHz sounds better than 900MHz double pumped, even if it is the same thing :beer: .

C: Yes, you should be able to up the voltage by flashing the BIOS...but be careful. I'm not sure how well these cards handle voltage.

To flash the BIOS, you need NVFLASH and a program called NiBiTor. Download your card's BIOS with NVFLAH, edit it with NiBiTor, and reflash with NVFLASH. There's even a Windows version of NVFLASH, but be careful with it. Flashing your BIOS will permanently reset your clock speeds/voltage, so make sure you know the card can handle it.

Hope this helps.

Nandro said:
You said you got 2 for the price of 1 gtx at best buy. Do you mind me asking what you paid for each? Is their some special on at best buy?

Last week they had their BFG cards for 15% off. Plus, I got an extra 12% off each card with the rewardzone program coupons they offer...but they had to do something called a customer fullfillment to honor that. Oh, and I got them before they hiked the price :santa:

Nice deal Vector... I had checked my local store at the time of that sale but they had none available. heck, even the BFG 8600GTS at the local store was $269 if I remember correctly.

squashfx said:
you should join the benching team vector look at my sig for details!

I'd like to get into water cooling before I start OCing for competition. Unfortunately, I need a job before I can start buying new stuff--so says the almighty fiance.

Options are:
1. Environmental Scientist
2. Restaurant Manager
3. Firefighter :attn:

What do you guys think? :D

Vector said:
I'd like to get into water cooling before I start OCing for competition. Unfortunately, I need a job before I can start buying new stuff--so says the almighty fiance.

Options are:
1. Environmental Scientist
2. Restaurant Manager
3. Firefighter :attn:

What do you guys think? :D

Those are some pretty diverse career options. Restaurant manager (assuming it's a nice restaurant) may pay the best, but IMO, would be the worst of the three. The other two sounds nice.

Back