• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTX Running slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seinken

Hey all, I have recently won an 880gtx in a contest and got around to installing it last night, cleaned out my drivers manually and then reinstalled with the latest G80 drivers (released on jan 10th).

Anyway, it seems to run just... "OK" in 3d and i can live with that but when it comes to any game in 2d (and when i mean 2d, i'm talking about games 7+years old) I get HORRID framerates, something in the mid 20's.

I game on a resolution of 1800x1440 and do quite a bit of 2D gaming (Infantry and Ultima Online to name a few) and I can notice the frame lag in both of these games.

Has anyone had any similar problem and if so how did you resolve it?

So problems related to 8800gtx were with drivers or mobo running that card at 1x instead 16x

Ew, is there anywhere I can check this in Windows?

They seem to have completely removed the old (and imo better) version of the NVControl Panel, and I can't seem to locate how fast it's running from the new version.

Seinken said:
Ew, is there anywhere I can check this in Windows?

They seem to have completely removed the old (and imo better) version of the NVControl Panel, and I can't seem to locate how fast it's running from the new version.

CPUZ can detect it.

Seinken said:
CPU-Z seems to identify it as running at 16x, is there any other problem known in the G80 series?
yeah drivers suck.

im using riva final release and whenever i change the 3d Pro clocks it changes the 2d clocks too. idk if i want my card running @ 625/1800 (not my max, but it runs nice here) all the time.:(

I'm still wondering why they eliminated perfectly fine working driver options, the new GUI is terrible imo, NTune is rather nifty though.

I'd agree the new drivers suck, I'm getting slightly worse performance than my 7900gt's at the moment. =(

Seinken said:
I'm still wondering why they eliminated perfectly fine working driver options, the new GUI is terrible imo, NTune is rather nifty though.

I'd agree the new drivers suck, I'm getting slightly worse performance than my 7900gt's at the moment. =(
I play a lot of COD and COD: United Offensive, and I'm getting worse performance than with my 7900GT stock. However, the newer titles (F.E.A.R., Oblivion, NFS:MW, Medieval 2, COD 2, etc.) run simply amazing.

tranceaddict said:
I play a lot of COD and COD: United Offensive, and I'm getting worse performance than with my 7900GT stock. However, the newer titles (F.E.A.R., Oblivion, NFS:MW, Medieval 2, COD 2, etc.) run simply amazing.

yeah, my gts eats COD2. i loving playing with every setting @ max and having great framerates.:)

Back