• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92mm fan into a 120mm spot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomi

Registered
I was just wondering when I saw my old computer, that It's got a 92mm fan on the back, wich isn't needed anymore.. I measured it's size, then checked if it would fit into my new computer (The case is Antec Nine Hundred).
But it's only got slots for 120mm fans. I've still got two slots free for a fan, and I tought about putting the 92mm's into the Antec case. Is it possible to fit a 92mm fan into a 120mm spot, without really having to buy anything? Did the case come with some sort of adapters? (I don't know, got this for christmas and the case was lying on my bed when I came upstairs)

If you have a 120x120mm spot, the best thing to do is put in a 140mm fan with 120mm holes. A Kaze Maru 2 will do.

A 140mm fan sweeps the entire 120x120mm area. A 120mm fan sweeps 75% at best -- usually less.

Do not put a lesser fan in that spot. To push comparable air, smaller fans have to spin faster and make more noise. The bigger fan the better.

Back