• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 92mm on an SLK-800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pelikan said:

How long do you think it would have to be? I'm thinking of having it taper down to 80mm, not any smaller because the slk-800 seems to benefit from air blowing over the two narrow sides. I already have a 4.5" hole in my side panel for my passive duct, so I could try this out pretty easily. I'm getting sick of 80mm fans. I know I could have the same low noise level of my 80mm panaflo L1A's and move a lot more air with larger fans.
My temps are great right now with my cpu at 2300 MHz, but it will run at 2500MHz with more air flow. So my project is to keep the silence, while raising the airflow.

BTW nice vid card mod
icon14.gif

I don't know the engineering spec width to length ratios to keep the air vortex intact throughout the transition. If I did it, I'd get one of those real long oil funnels and mod the 120mm fan case round so it would just fit in the large end and cut the small end where it matches the heat sink opening.

Audioaficionado said:

BTW nice vid card mod
icon14.gif

I don't know the engineering spec width to length ratios to keep the air vortex intact throughout the transition. If I did it, I'd get one of those real long oil funnels and mod the 120mm fan case round so it would just fit in the large end and cut the small end where it matches the heat sink opening.

Thanks for the compliment about the vid card. I'm going to mess around with different fan/duct configurations and see what happens.

Back