• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

990FXA-UD3 vs Sabertooth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok so I currently have a gigabyte 990xa-ud3 but I sold it to a friend. So Im going to be ordering a new mobo for my main rig tomorrow. Right now I can get either board for the same price(the sabertooth is open box). So some considerations first I really am looking for a solid black board and Im guessing that the sabertooth is actually more of a burnt brown and not really black?

I also have to consider that I need a minimum spacing of 2 slots between my GPUs to accomidate the SLI fittings I am using.

I also need to be able to install a PCI or PCIe wifi card without dropping the bus rate of either GPU blow x16(I know makes little difference but Im a bencher and I want every single point worth of bandwidth).

So if you were in my shoes which board would you pick?

Since you had Gigabyte, I would probably go with the product I am more accustomed to if it has the slot spacing you desire. The 990FX vs the 990X AMD chipset should give more lanes with 990FX.

Back